Prologue

Nova's POV

Four Years Ago

"Please no!" I heard a scream downstairs. It was Probably one of Mom's shows again, she always watches those murder ones right after I go to bed. I looked up at my ceiling, those cheap glow in the dark stars were fading. Another thing I needed to add to my 'Get Some More' List. I sighed and rolled over... I couldn't sleep. Another night since Ms. Touka's loss and I'm scared. I'm scared that the bad men in grey will come and get us, but Mom said it will be okay. I wish I could believe everything that she said but, it seems almost impossible. I remember the speech they made in Accumula last year, they don't want us to keep our Pokemon. I sat up in my purple blanketed bed and looked at the orange Pokemon that was snoring softly at the end of my bed. I sighed as I ran my fingers through the fur of Mom's Arcanine. The Pokemon opened his large mouth, the stench of the Oran Berry based kibble hit my nose. I plugged it as the Pokemon's large yellow eyes looked up at me, a low rumble came from his throat. He closed his mouth with a large clack, the sound of his pearly whites hitting one another.

"Gross Titan." I scolded as his fluffy cream colored tail started wagging back and forth. I wanted to yell at him to stop but Mom would be angry for two reasons. One being that I was yelling at the Pokemon and two being I was still up. I looked over on my white single drawer nightstand and looked at the Pikachu shaped alarm clock and saw that the red number on it's belly read 12:30. I sighed, sleep just wouldn't come... If it wasn't so late I would run around but I know Mom would be angry. I started to crack my fingers, each little one made a different cracking sound. Titan looked at me and stood up on the bed, earning a creaking sound from the wooden frame. I gulped as his furry head brushed up against the ceiling. God he was big... I felt his hot breath as he bowed down ready to pounce. I almost screamed at him as I waved my hands, which only seemed to make it worse. His large body collapsed on me as he started to lick my face with his long tongue.

"Get off." I wheezed as his weight crushed my 95 pound body. I pounded my fists on his large head, he then stood up a little and whined. I was covered in his slobber... gross. I wiped my hands down my face collecting the big globs of slime off my face. I was furious... I now needed a shower and the only one was downstairs. What am I going to tell Mom? I'll just tell her that Titan got excited and freaked out on me... Yea that's a good excuse. I flopped off of my bed quietly hitting the oak flooring. Titan looked at me his tail wagging, he cocked his head as I scowled at him. God I hate him sometimes, he just has to get me soaked! I sighed trying to calm myself down, this was stupid. I opened my white door and walked quietly down the hallway. I looked all over the place to see if Titan was out but nopppe. As I stepped down the stairs I noticed that the T.V was turned down. Mom probably fell asleep on the couch again.

"Mom?" I called out as I tip toed towards the large grey couch. I had a huge lump in my throat, I was scared that she was going to be mad. I stopped when I heard a few stomps behind me. I must be dreaming, I couched myself as I slowly turned around. As I did a group of people in grey were conversing. I gasped. Team Plasma? I went to run back upstairs but one man noticed me.

"Get her." The man simply said pointing at me. I screamed as I ran up the stairs, tripping over my own feet. I felt my heart stop as a person grabbed ahold of my foot. I turned to see a leather glove holding my leg tightly. I started to kick as I screamed.

"Titan! Please help!" I screamed for the Pokemon. I heard the loud thumps of his footsteps as he ran from my bedroom. As he ran to the head of the stairs he was growling furiously. The person who had ahold of my leg started to shake as Titan looked down and curled his lip up showing his teeth.

"B-boss?" The person stuttered letting go of my leg. I skittered up the stairs grabbing ahold of Titan's leg. I felt a tear run down my face.

"What the hell?" A woman snapped as she looked at Titan. I stood up and sighed taking in air. What should
I do? Was there anything I can do? What would Mom do? She would never be in this situation... I puffed my cheeks as the Woman grabbed a Pokeball from her belt. She pressed the small white button on the center releasing a Seviper. I started to panic, she was going to kill me.

"Titan flamethrower." I commanded the Pokemon pointing at the Seviper. Titan looked down and nodded opening his mouth a large orange flame shot out of his mouth hitting the snake. Seviper was shot back a few feet hitting the couch, I gasped as I heard pictures fall from the walls. Every picture that Mom took shattered all because of one stupid Pokemon. I clenched my fists as the woman smirked.

"Just give up now kid." She said as the Pokemon got up slithering closer to the woman, a smile on its face.

"No." I said stomping my foot. Where did this come from? I felt what fear slip from me as I looked up at my Mother's Pokemon.

"Let me on." I commanded, obeying the Pokemon bowed down letting me climb onto his back. As I situated myself the large Pokemon picked itself up. I let out a large breath, this was all or nothing. I squeezed my knees making kissing sounds. Titan then jumped down the stairs landing next to the woman.

"Let's go." I said looking at the open patio door. He nodded and loped out the door. The cool summer breeze tickled my skin as my light blue night dress flapped in the wind. I looked at the bare streets, everyone was outside... They all being taken by them. I hugged onto Titan, the fear came back.

"Hey look! Get that kid." A presumably higher up officer said pointing at me. I bit my tongue as the Grunts took out their Pokemon, all ranging in levels and size. The biggest being the woman and her Seviper.

"Flamethrower again!" I yelled. The large Pokemon opened his mouth and fired the orange flames turning his head a bit trying to hit all of the Pokemon. The Seviper danced out of the way sliding swiftly towards us. I gasped as the snake Pokemon bit Titan without it's trainers instructions. He yelped almost dropping as the snake let go, blood dripping from it's long fangs. I heard Titan growl again as he shot a dark purple beam from his mouth hitting Seviper, the Pokemon fell over a dark bruise already was showing on it's skin. Titan started huffing the strength leaving him. I then started to cry... This was bad... So so bad. I wiped the tears furiously, I will not cry, I couched myself.
The Plasma members saw this weakness and sent their Pokemon on us. Many Pokemon attacked us at once, some scratched and bit me. The pain was horrible, a Zubat's fang dug into the skin on my shoulder earning a shriek of pain. Titan finally collapsed, a groan came from him as I slid off of him. As I was always told the ground will always be there and tonight it was... The stone street caught me all right. As soon as I fell I was yanked up by two men, they forced me to stand on my weak legs... I wanted to die.

"I told you to give up kid." The woman sneered walking in front of me. Her cold blue eyes staring me down. It took all of my remaining courage but I spat on her. A gross bloody hunk of slime hit her right in the cheek. Disgusted she wiped it off with a leather glove.

"You little shit!" She hissed crunching my bare toes under her booted foot. A shrill scream came from my mouth as she lifted her boot. I dared not to look at it. "Because you actually show some potential I'll spare you brat." She said grabbing a large cylinder from her belt. I bit down on my tongue scared of this woman.

"As a punishment though I'll just make you forget, this will just be a dream." She said clicking it on. A light blue light lit up on it. She turned the top a few times before grinning. I felt a little head ache starting to form, this was only minor to the pain in my legs... No my whole body hurt...

Please Arceus I don't want to die... I don't want Titan to die, I don't want anyone to die. I'm sorry for what I did but please let me live.

I prayed looking up for a second before a large hand grabbed my chin making me face the woman. She then clicked the top of the device, a bright light blinded me. For a moment I finally felt at peace before I finally blacked out.

Words: 1635

Thanks for reading ^_^ Tell me what you think!

Please Vote, Comment, And Read Some More

~Soul