Chapter One

Nova's POV

Bee beep beep. I opened my eyes quickly, again my clock scared me. I sighed as I slapped my hand on top of the black monstrosity. They just had to give us the loudest and most annoying alarm clock on the market. I looked over at the bed on the opposite side of the room, a mess of dark pink hair was sitting atop of a plain white pillow. Her soft snores were audible from the 3 and a half foot space between our beds.

"Sybil." I said ripping the dark grey blanket from my legs, revealing my scar covered body. Every day I took a moment to look at everyone that covered my lower body, yet I can never remember where they all came from. Sighing I slowly slid out of my bed letting my toes easily touch the green carpeted floor. When I was sitting in the middle of my bed my feet still couldn't touch the floor. What a drag, I thought to myself walking to the large dresser that held both mine and Sybil's belongings. I reached in the middle drawer and grabbed out a simple uniform, a grey blazer, a black skirt, a white short sleeved button up, and white thigh high socks. I looked over at Sybil again who was still sound asleep. God how can she sleep on a day like this? I slid my simple light blue night dress off and quickly put on my uniform before Sybil got up. I tugged the socks up before yanking Sybil's white pillow from underneath her head. Quicker that you can say 'Up' Sybil was sitting up in her bed, her blue-green eyes wide. She looked over at me and smiled lazily.

"Good morning Novey did you sleep well?" She asked moving a strand of pink hair from her face. I rolled my eyes at her, she always was like this in the morning.

"I did Sybil now get ready." I said to my pink haired friend. She nodded quickly standing up, she was wearing a long yellow night gown that went to her calves. I looked over at the alarm clock that sat on our window sill, 7:45.

"We have 15 minutes to be downstairs." I said watching her brushing the long pink hair that fell just past her chest.

"I know, I know." She sighed tying them both in black elastics into her famous pigtails. I raised an eyebrow at her as she quickly grabbed her uniform. I closed my eyes for a minutes as she pulled in her clothes.

"Nova we're best friends and you still close your eyes when I change. We're not 10 anymore." She said as I opened my eyes. What else am I supposed to do?

"So, You make it seem like you see me half naked all the time." I said as she puffed her tan cheeks. I hated how we're both so different. Sybil was the tallest person I knew, she was tan, and had a healthy looking body. I on the other hand was short for my age, as white as a piece of paper, and I was sickly thin. Yet we still got along better than anyone at Plasma Academy.

"Well... I haven't but we're 14 now and we should be acting our age." She pouted looking at herself in the mirror that was attached to the wall. Again I glanced at the green numbers on the alarm clock, 7:50.

"We have to go." I simply stated grabbing the two dark brown pairs of loafers off of the floor throwing the bigger pair at Sybil. She picked them up and stuffed them on her black socked feet. Her odd colored eyes studied me as I slipped on my small pair.

"Nova why do you always wear do much?" She asked looking at my attire. I blinked a few times. Why this question now? I looked up at her and noticed she wasn't wearing the blazer, but the white button up with the credit on the chest pocket. Neither was she wearing long socks, hers were just barely visible above her shoes. I shrugged at her standing up. I cringed at our heigh difference, she was 5'7... And I was 5'1. Only today did I notice our differences were so drastic. I realized that we were almost late for roll call which made me open our oak door, we both ran out. No one was in the long female dorm hallways, not even the latest people. I gulped knowing today was the wrong day to be late. What was so special about today? Today the man that we call our ruler is visiting our school. I can't even say his name, if I do I might vomit. I puffed my cheeks and let out a large breath as we opened the large double doors that led to the stairs. We practically jumped down the flight of stairs that led to the first floor. Hearing a voice on the other side I quietly opened the single white door that read 'Quiet Please'