Kai

The king, known as King Jay, ruled the western side of the Enchanted Forest, while Regina ruled the eastern side. He had two sons, the heir, Kai, and his brother, Zane. Zane had bright blue eyes, and blonde hair while Kai had white hair and golden eyes, more like his mother, as Zane had gotten some of Jay's genes. All of them had powerful magic, but their father, Jay vanished. Kai took the throne, at a young age, and trained in it. There were the daily fires in their kingdom, from a girl named Mononoke, who had been banished years back from the kingdom, and forced into the eastern side of the Enchanted Forest. Kai looked at his brother, who was going, by day and day, much more jealous, but he refused to let Zane, not help him. He offered, "Zane, come with me to the meeting with Regina. You seem to be able to get to her, better than I could ever hope to."

    Zane glanced at Kai, before looking back at the overview, "Fine. I'll go."

    Kai stared at his brother, before shaking his head, walking to his wife, who never was really interested in the kingdom, and he muttered to her, "Zane and I are going to meet with the queen Regina."

    His wife simply stated, "Have a safe journey."

    Kai frowned, walking off to the stables, speaking to the guards on the way. He walked to his stallion, that was a painted horse, dark grey and brown, with silver eyes. He adjusted the saddle on the horse's back, climbing onto it and heeled the horse's sides, and his horse leaped over the fence, galloping towards where Zane was on his white horse with black speckles. Zane turned his head towards the path, "Come on Kai. We don't have the time to mess around."

    Kai followed Zane towards the denser, darker part of the forest that they had to travel through. A tree suddenly fell, splitting them up and Kai yelled, "Zane!"

    Zane stopped his horse, just before another fell onto them. He looked at Kai over the fallen log, "Ambush! Get back!"

    It was too late to run, certain people who had always wanted to kill Kai, or his brother, surrounded them. They prepared a giant ball of magic around them, and it was released, almost like electricity, shocking Kai and Zane. Zane and Kai cried out in pain, looking at each other, and both of them used their magic, trying to counter the other people's. The horses suddenly bucked them off, and running away in panic. Kai was standing strong but Zane was giving in, before collapsing. Zane suddenly shifted into a dragon, one that was a hydra, a feathered hydra, with four heads, and horns. He was a silverish white colored. Kai looked weakly at his brother, before giving in as well, feeling fire burning through his veins, unlocking his own dragon form, changing him into an icy dragon that made a blizzard around him and Zane.

    After a few moments, Kai woke up, in a dungeon, as his king form, which gave with golden smoke wings, a staff, and stronger magic then before. He shook his head, noticing his brother was nowhere to be seen, and he went back to his normal form, "Zane?"

    There were guards, not of his own, nor Regina's, signaling someone had risen up and taken his kingdom. He stood up, brushing himself off, walking to the jail bars, "Let me out, guards."

    One of the guards growled, "Not unless we have orders from King Zane."

    'King Zane?' Kai questioned silently, before sighing, "I didn't want to have to do this."

    He walked straight through the bars, snapping and the guards fell over dead. He walked past the bodies, stalking towards the castle, which looked horrific. He pondered how long he was out. There were more maids, peasants, and guards than ever, and all of them looked horrific. Kai snapped, freezing time, as he walked towards the throne room, where no one was there. He resumed time and a dark chuckle rang out around the room, "Hello Kai. It's been too long."

    Kai examined the room, "Zane. What happened to our kingdom?"

    Zane growled, "Our Kingdom? You mean, my kingdom, Kai."

    Kai turned to face Zane, who stared at Kai in sheer anger, "You made me a shape-shifter when you led me into a trap. You said we were going to see the queen Regina, when we were ambushed. It was all your idea, wasn't it?"

    Kai shook his head, "No brother. I didn't have anything to do with that. Please, don't try to take out your anger on the people..."

    He was suddenly flung backwards by Zane's magic, and he groaned, shaking his head. Kai stood up, and created a powerful beam of magic, that countered Zane's purely black magic. They collided in a bright ball, only Zane's magic pushed Kai's back, slamming Kai right into the wall. Kai heard a clash and a staff fell to the floor beside him, and he reached for it. Zane turned into a dragon, engulfing himself in dark magic, and flew towards Kai. Kai gripped the staff in his hand, turning into his king form, and quickly rolled, countering Zane's dark magic, with the strongest light magic anyone could contain, and Zane slowly disappeared, crying out, "No!"

    Zane vanished completely, leaving sparks in its place as he was banished elsewhere, for a long time. Kai stared at where his brother was, tears streaming down his face, and a bright ball surrounded the castle, and spread throughout the western region of the Enchanted Forest, restoring to its peaceful form. Kai sat on the ground, his wounds bleeding from the burns that Zane's magic gave him. Guards rushed to him, but his magic had already healed him, and when he went to see his wife, she had left a note saying she had gone to live where she wanted to, on the seas with a pirate, and it only fed Kai's pain, and anger.

    Kai walked to the balcony, gripping the railing tightly, closing his eyes and tears slid down his face, which began to turn into anger. He didn't know where Zane had been banished to, or what would happen to him, since he knew his father had been banished now as well.

    Years passed, and Kai had become worse and worse, trying to kill the pirate that took his wife, although he didn't know who, and Regina's kingdom had spread to most of the eastern side. A purple haze, with green lightning rushed towards them, engulfing his kingdom in it, and he was taken, along with most of his people, to a non-known land, called Storybrooke, where he'd get everything he wanted.