CH 1

CH1:
'Di kita makalimutan sa mga gabing nagdaan

The light flooded my sight as I opened my eyes. Everything felt so painful. I saw my hand wrapped in some tape and led my eyes to an IV.

My head felt a sharp pain. I closed my eyes as I moaned out in pain. Tears pricked my eyes.

What happened to me?

Then all of a sudden I heard the door open. I tried to open my eyes, I saw people wearing white. Are they nurses?

Then I also noticed two familiar faces.

Mom and dad. A smile of relief came as they stared at me, the nurses swarmed over me. And an elderly looking man who I assume is the doctor look at me with nothing but shock written all over his face.

They removed something from my nose and soon they were checking my vital signs and reflexes.

After the tiring process I was glad to see my parents who are very much happy.

"George. I thought we would lose you." Mom said as she held my hand and cried.

"Mom. I'm fine." I said trying my best to speak.

"You shouldn't speak much George, you need some rest. You would get better soon." Dad said as he smiled at me encouragingly.

I just nodded. Of course I should not force myself.

Are you going to leave a path to trace? The oblivion is calling out your name.

A song rang in my head, its voice bears sadness and a very familiar voice.

Then I thought of Oliver. Where could he be at the moment? Is he having fun celebrating Christmas Eve?

Dad was excusing himself to buy something to eat for the both of them when the door opened hastily.

I lifted my gaze only to find him. Despite the smile on his lips it was very much evident that he is stressed out and flat out tired. His always neat hair is now dishelved. And he is wearing a batman shirt.

How I miss the good old days.

"Well looks like we have to leave you two to each other. Oliver. Make sure she won't strain herself." Mom said as he looked at him with a bit of tension.

But he doesn't seem to mind. "Yes tita."

As soon as we were alone he sat at the other end of the bed. "Hey." He said almost breathless.

I just smiled at him. My heart ached at the thought of him and Karen. Of how they shared their first on-screen kiss.

"George." My name sounded so right on his mouth, but no. He doesn't love me the way I always did to him, I should stop hoping.

"I thought I was gonna lose you."

This time he reached for my hand and kissed it. I felt tingles in my stomach as his lips touched my skin.

Yeah. This is normal George.

Of course, he is worried. After all he is your bestfriend.

Your bestfriend.

You will never lose me. I thought to myself. You will never lose me even if you decide to not love me back.

"I love you Georgie. I love you more than I would have ever thought." I was taken aback as he said those words. Am I dreaming? Am I really awake?

As if reading my mind he scooted towards me and enclosed me in his warmth. "Believe me. I'm sorry if it took me so long before realizing things. That after all these time it was you." Tears escaped from my eyes as I cried out in joy and shock.

"I love you. And I won't promise to be perfect, but I will try my best to make you feel loved." He said as he broke the hug.

A smile crept on our lips as we both erupted in a laugh. He looked at his wrist watch and showed it to me still with a smile.

12:00 am.

Our eyes met once more.

"Merry Christmas. And thank you for everything my Georgie." And with that he kissed my forehead.

------------------------------

(A/N): As promised, these are the special chapters I did for the books involved in the Interlaced Fates Series. But unfortunately, I an very sorry that I couldn't publish Wings and Sunburn anymore due to the lack of my inspiration and ideas.

I hope you'd enjoy this one tho 😊