Chapter 16: The True Distortion

Chapter 16

It was the day of the wedding. The Phantom walked over to Aurora who was in a beautiful poofy, white, layered dress with thick straps. The Phantom placed a vale that went to her shoulders on her head. He then brought her to a mirror and showed her herself. “You look gorgeous,” he told her.

Aurora didn't react in anyway. She didn't smile, she didn't flinch, she just stared at herself in the mirror. The Phantom then gave her a rose, not a bunch of roses, just one. “Instead of a bunch of flowers, I was thinking that this would be better,” he told her.

Aurora took it and walked up the stairs and got in her place for the wedding.

* * *

The whole audience thought that this was a play, not an actual wedding. The only people who knew it was a wedding were Damon and Madame Giry. Not even Meg knew. Damon and Madame Giry watched in a box two.

The Phantom then walked onto the center of the stage. Then from the other side of the stage, Aurora walked on. She walked so that she was on the opposite side of the Phantom.

This is indeed an unparallelled delight,” the Phantom sang. “I had rather hoped you come, and now my wish comes true. You have truly made my night.”

Aurora then stepped closer to him. “In sleep you sang to me, in dreams you came,” Aurora sang. “Your voice calls to me, and speaks my name. And do I dream again, for now I find. That tonight! I will sing all of my vows, and sing the music of the night.

The Phantom smiled. “Our spirits and our voices, in one combined,” he sang. “You'll be my bride! And forever be with me, to the end of time.”

He then grabbed her. Then another man walked out. And said above all the bells, “Do you take Aurora Giry to be your wife?” he asked the Phantom.

He squeezed Aurora. “I do with all my heart,” he told the man while looking at Aurora.

The man then looked at Aurora. “Do you, Aurora Giry, take Erik to be your husband?” he asked.

Aurora opened her mouth to speak, but all of a sudden Damon ran onstage. “No!” he yelled. He ran up to Aurora and grabbed her hands. “You don't have to do this,” he told her. “You can just leave right now with me and we can live on our own daily lives.”

Aurora started crying. “I can't, I have to marry him,” she told him.

Damon pushed some hair behind her ear. “You don't have to do anything you don't want to,” he said to her.

“I love you, Damon,” she told him.

Then something grabbed Aurora. It was the Phantom he had grabbed her and picked her up and carried her off the stage and down to his lair.

“Aurora!” Damon called after them. He then looked up at Madame Giry and nodded. He was giving her the signal that he was going to follow them.

* * *

The Phantom had placed Aurora on his bed. “You planned for him to come and do that, didn't you?” he asked pacing in front of Aurora.

Aurora shook her head. “No, I promise,” she told him. “For the last time, I promise that I didn't plan on coming and doing that.”

The Phantom sighed. “Just quickly say, 'I do' and we can be married, alright?” he asked her.

Aurora stared at him. “Why would she want to be married to you?” Damon asked on the other side of the gate.

“Oh, Monsieur Eschete, how are you?” the Phantom asked sarcastically.

“Let me in, you coward!” Damon yelled at him.

Aurora shook her head. “No, go, please,” she pleaded. “I don't want you to get hurt.”

The Phantom smirked and brought up the gate. Damon ran though the water and up to Aurora, but before he could reach her the Phantom had stopped him.

“Aurora!” he shouted as the Phantom tied his hands together. Then he bent down and tied his feet together.

“You can't escape,” the Phantom told him. “You say one more thing and a rope goes around your neck. Got it?”

Damon huffed and puffed at him. “Erik, please,” Aurora pleaded. “If I say... the words... will you let him go?”

The Phantom looked back at Aurora. “Don't Aurora!” Damon shouted.

“That's it!” the Phantom yelled as he tied another rope around his neck. He didn't tighten it, he just tied it around.

“No!” Aurora yelled stepping closer to them.

“Then say 'I do',” the Phantom told them.

Aurora stared to cry. “I do,” she muttered.

“What was that?” the Phantom asked.

Aurora's tears ran down her face like a waterfall. “I do,” she said louder.

“And...?” the Phantom asked.

Aurora sighed. “I do, I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” she said still crying. “I will stay down here with you, and only you. Because I love you.”

The Phantom smiled. “There that's more like it,” he said walking closer to Aurora. She looked up at him and then he leaned closer to her and kissed her.

“Why?” Damon muttered under his breath. “She doesn't deserve this.” Damon then looked down and started to pray, “Dear God, please help Aurora be delivered from this evil. She doesn't deserve this, she is an amazing person. I don't care if she ends p with me or not, just not with him. Amen.”

“Were you praying?” the Phantom asked slyly.

Damon looked up and nodded. “Yes, something that I doubt you do,” he told him.

The Phantom walked over to Damon he then tied his rope up to the gate. “What are you doing?” Aurora asked.

The Phantom looked at her and pulled the rope as hard as he could. Aurora watched as the light in Damon's eyes darkened. The Phantom had just killed her love. It was all over.