Introduction

Haven't you ever fantasized about meeting your favorite author? About being able to pose any question, speak any statement, demand any resolutions? Obviously, I can't be your favorite author. It's just not possible when I've yet to post anything of substance that will wow your pants off. But I can offer some assistance in other areas.

May your questions be answered. May  your statements be received. May your resolutions be met. I'm here not as a poser or liar, not as a simple-minded courier for dreams unmet. I'm here as a girl who wants to speak with her readers, her critics, her unmentioned, unforgotten followers who simply wish to create friendships. I'm here to present my thoughts and ideas, to escape from the hazardous world of writing that can strip a girl down to her bare bones and eat her from the inside out, ripping her intestines from her belly and forcing her to devour them in a desperate hunger.

For those of you that have read my previous rants and raves, you will see that I've matured a bit. I've gone off to the college of my dreams. I've started new stories, abandoning most of my old ones, though not all. I've grown up, entered the real world as it exists. I'm not the same cursing, angry, explosive teen that I used to be.

Okay, so that might be half a lie. I'm still the same person. I've simply grown to express myself in a different way. I hope. I can't promise that foul-language won't appear in this work somewhere. I can't promise that I won't go off on tangents that don't matter to the world of writing.

But I do promise to offer something with more substance than the previous rants did. Perhaps some interviews, highlights, maybe some reviews. And of course, lessons into writing. Expressions of my experiences. Perhaps all the keys to all the doors will be found here. I'm just not making promises.

For those of you unfamiliar with me and my mind, allow an introduction to be formed.

I am Kasey Duncan, 18 year old American. Brown hair cascades to my shoulders in a frizzy mane of unkemptness, usually because I just woke up from a nap. Expression-filled brown eyes that are sometimes a beautiful hazel. The door to my soul that no one cares to open. I'm five-foot short. Skinny, but slightly toned from my athletic days in high school.

I have a younger sister. I have an older brother. I have a mom, a dad, a dog, and three cats. I have a race car. A 1968 chevelle that is white with a red/orange stripe- the jury is still out on that one. I drag race this car and have been participating in the sport since I was ten. In the summer, you will hear many stories about this sport.

I played softball and basketball during my high school days. I graduated in the top five of my high school.

I'm a freshman at my dream college. I want to become a publisher/editor.  Although I'm also majoring in business management. English classes in college are nothing like they are in high school.

What else is there to know?

I constantly daydream and write. I have many stories on the burners, some boiling, some simmering, some already burnt, some barely warm at all. I've had many Wattpad accounts and am not new to the world. I was here when they had Meebo and those were the best of days.

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, don't you hold back. I love to converse with people. I love to read so message me your stories. I'll try to read them all and leave comments. However, realize I am often critical. If you can't handle that don't ask me to read your work.

I often procrastinate, find ways to avoid the hardships of my mind. Although I'm always thinking, always imagining new and intense ways to live the ordinary life.

I'm in search of Beta readers, people who critique, perhaps interviewers and reviewers. People who like the to judge contests and people who like to participate in those contests. People who like rewards and who like to give rewards. People who want to talk about the dark recesses of life and people who like to talk about recess after lunch. I love to meet new people and make new friends.

I met my best friend on Wattpad. We talk every day. I tell her everything and I share my writing with her every chance I get. She's beautiful, sweet, smart, with a wicked sense of humor. She's got some writing of her own, of course. So I'm sure you'll see some (a lot) of information about everything she has going on. Her name is Sarah. Sarah is my best friend.

That's all I've got for you for right now. I will try to post regularly but life and school and all that nonsense takes priority, unfortunately.

P.S. Cover made by Water-Meadows. It's gorgeous. I love it. I want to stare at it until my eyes pop out and then stare at it some more from their dangling perspective.