Jessica

Joss -

"John, baby can you please put your phone down and watch the movie with us," I said as I gave Taylor his pop corn. "Sorry baby," he said as he placed his phone in his pocket. I shook my head and turned my attention back to the movie.

Xavier reached over in my bowl and grabbed a hand full of pop corn. I chuckled as I watched him struggle to eat his pop corn. He looked up at me and smiled. I pecked his forehead and he moved over from John's lap to mine. Taylor laid his head on my shoulder and so did John.

Just as we started laughing and talking, John's phone vibrated again. I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes as I watched him get up and go to the kitchen. Something inside of me was telling me it was Jessica.

John -

"Hey Jessica, I uh got your message, is everything alright?" I asked as I leaned against the kitchen cabinet.

"Uh, I don't know honestly," she sobbed. "What's wrong, is everything okay with you and Peter?" I asked.

"It's uh fine.... I guess.... I don't know I'm really sorry for calling you I know you're married and I shouldn't be-"

"No no, if somethings wrong I wanna know what's going on," I said.

"I just needed a friend to talk too," she sobbed. "Alright text me your location," I replied. "Okay, I will," she said as she hung up.

I turned around and saw Joss staring at me. "Baby-" "save it, you don't love her anymore, but you're going out of your way to go see if she's okay, really John? You know what I'm not even mad," she said as she walked over to the sink.

"Baby I'm sorry, she needs somebody to talk to, I'm just going to be a listening ear," I said as I grabbed Joss by her waist. She pushed me to the side and went back to the sink. I watched her as she washed her hands and then grabbed a pan from under the cabinet.

"So you're going to give me the silent treatment?" I asked as I folded my arms. Still she said nothing. I took a deep breath and shook my head. I grabbed my phone and headed upstairs.

I took a shower and then I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. I went back downstairs and this time Joss had her headphones in. I grabbed my car keys and left.

I got In the car and drove to the restaurant where Jessica was waiting on me. I got out and made it inside. I looked around and spotted her in the left of the restaurant.

"Hey," she smiled. "Hey," I said as I hugged her and sat down. She looked really bad, like she had been crying all night long. I took note of her blood shot red puffy eyes.

"Thank you for coming," she said. "Your welcome, I'm probably in the dog house with my wife, but I needed to make sure you were okay," I said.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to cause friction between you and your wife, honestly I didn't," she cried.

"It's okay Joss will be fine, what's going on?" I asked.

"I'm fine, I-I just got so many things going on," she said as she started crying. "Like what? talk to me," I said.

"Hi can I start you two off with any thing?" The waitress asked as she approached the table. " a water will be fine," I said.

"Can I have a coffee, two sugars two creams," Jessica said. "Sure coming right up," she said.

"I- I found out today that I have cancer, I might not even live past six months," she as she wiped her eyes.

"Wow Jess, I'm so sorry," I replied. "It's okay, I'll be alright, I just have to do all the things that I always wanted to do before I go," she said.