Closet Turn Up

My messy bun and I got out of the car. I started walking toward the entrance of the school when Parker stepped in front of me. His broad shoulders were pretty much unmovable in my not-so-strong case.

"good morning beautiful" He says with a smile and I just stare at him. I take off the shades I was wearing just so he could get a better look at how bad I look today do to my tardiness. "I take back the beautiful part"

"can you please move out of my way?" I say sort of pleading like.

"first you tell me what's the matter, because you have incredibly big bags under your eyes" He says gripping my shoulders so I can't run away.

"just haven't been able to get enough sleep" I say drowsily.

"why?" he asks.

"I don't really know, sometimes my body just feels like it doesn't need sleep and I won't be able to sleep. And other times I just wake up out of no where in the middle of the night because of this weird dream I've been having and can't seem to go back to bed" I say absentmindedly. My eyes widen, the dream about Parker. He can't know!! "okay byeee" I smile I try to run away before he asks about the dream. Before I even get 3 feet away he picks me up, throws me over his shoulder and starts running until we hit an empty hallway.

"what dream? is it a nightmare again? are you alright at home? is it your dad?" he asks very concerned.

"its nothing Parker don't worry too much about it" I say trying to ease his nerves a bit.

"Fine. Don't tell your very worried bestfriend what's been bothering you." he says and starts to walk away when I pull on his arm and try as hard as I can to get him to stay.

"okay. okay. I'll tell you" I say thinking of an excuse to cover the real problem.

"what is it?" he says looking straight into my eyes.

"my...umm....hamster! yes!! My hamster died! that's what's bothering me" (as you can see i'm not good under pressure)

"OH MY GOD. I'm so sorry for your late hamster that died when you were nine because you let him sleep with you and you rolled on top of him, and I would know that because we made a pretend funeral and I'm your bestfriend." He says and looks at me with a serious face, which may I say Is pretty hot actually.

"alright fine, that's not it. The truth is-" I start to say but my words were cut off by the school bell reminding us we have 3 minutes to get to 1st period. I run off leaving him with his mouth open surprised and speechless. The girl's bathroom was in front of my locker so I ran in there first because knowing Parker, he would probably run after me and check if I'm at my locker. I close the door immediately after running in gasping for air. I put my ear against the door and hear him asking people which way I went or if they've seen me at all and I start giggling. When I held my ear against the door I heard someone say something behind me.

"freak" a snobby voice says and I recognize it instantly, Monica Carlisle. The most conceded, most annoying, most popular, and absolutely most annoying jerk in school. I mean girl, not jerk, but I kinda mean jerk too. you know what I mean. I turn my head around and see her and her popular group of girls next to her.

"Alright M, I may be a freak but its better to be a freak than be homogenized" I look at her smile and tilt my head a bit as if she was a cute little puppy.

"Listen Davis, no matter how many times you call me and my friends that or how many time you tell me to google it and I don't. I WON'T KNOW WHAT THAT STUPID WORD IS!" she says in a pissy tone.

I lean in closer and put my right hand against the end of the left side of my lips as if I was telling her a secret and say "1. It's pronounced 'my friends and I' and 2. the only thing stupid here is you" she rolls her eyes and the bell rings which means I'm late. I walk out and open my locker while humming to a song I recognize but can't decipher what song it is.

~~the end~~

Short chapter but I'm still tryna figure out where I want this story going.

Sorry I haven't updated, I've been going through some serious stuff so...

Homogenized - to make uniform or similar, not original or unique