Chapter 19

You don't remember much of what happened last night...but the sharp pounding in your skull gave you a good idea.

You groan as you roll onto your side, burying your head under the pillow....your never going to drink again....

You knew you were lying to yourself but still...it hurt.

You pulled the blanket over your head and feel back to sleep.

Maybe you could sleep this off.

-------------time skip--------------

When you woke again, it was evening. You sighed and rolled out of bed.

You needed to return to the Tsukinami mansion. You missed a lot of school, and they were your best hope to catching up.

Recent, "distractions", aside, you needed to get that vile for your mother. You couldn't afford to slip up again.

So, begrudgingly, you woke yourself up with a shower, ate an Apple, kissed your mom goodbye, and made your way to the Tsukinami's.

----------time skip (after school)----------

Sooo, yeah....never ask "what's been happening at school" to two demon males. Because the answer won't be accurate.

"Nothing, they said," You growled under your breath as you made your way down the hallway. "Nothing my ass, we were taught six different sections! And I have to make up two quizzes."

And you had to admit, while you weren't surprised, you were a tad bit disappointed that neither if the Tsukinami's remembered the name your mother have you.

You were able to shake that feeling off real quick though, you weren't (YN) anymore. You were Nehemia Kígyó. And you were proud of the name Hecate blessed you with. If anyone called you (YN) now other than your mother and other blood relatives, chances are you'd take it as insult.

Still, you were tired, and if you wanted to pout, dangnabit, you were going to pout.

In your inner rage, you didn't move out of the way and ended up bumping into a student, knocking her books out of her arms.

The clatter of the books hitting the floor snapped you out of your daze. You turned quickly and see a young blond haired girl, rubbing her head where she fell on her butt.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." You say hurriedly, bending down to help the girl pick up her books. "I was...elsewhere."

"No, no it's fine." The girl in front of you laughed, neither of you looking at each other as you focused on gathering the books and paper....jeez, this girl was carrying a lot. "I wasn't here either." 

"It's just one of those days I guess." You joke good naturedly, looking up to give the girl a math book.

"Definitely." She giggles as she looks up at you to take the book....and you freeze...

This aura...no, it couldn't be...

"Eve?" You whisper cautiously, the address causing her to freeze as well. "Are you....Eve?"

"U-Umm." Eve stutters, looking uncomfortable and kinda scared.

You scold yourself mentally, you didn't mean to scare the poor girl. You let yourself fall back on your butt with a small giggle, knocking yourself in your forehead with a fist. "Sorry, I'm really tired, I had to make up two quizzes and learn a few weeks worth of lessons just today."

Eve's entire posture relaxed, a smile coming to her face again. "You've been sick?" She tilts her head in question as you both stand up again.

"Not exactly, I went home for a few days on some...business. I just came back in an hour before school started." You grimace as you shove a hand into your hair, noticing Eve grimacing as well.