I love you mommy

"Shhh", my mom tells me, "dont make a noise dear. I'll come back." and she tiptoes away.

I lay under my bed, holding my teddy bear. My daddy's at the door.

He has a water gun. And he was going to squirt me. But momma yelled at him and he pushed her so I ran. Momma found me and told me to go under my bed, everything was gonna be alright but go under my bed because we were gonna play hide and seek.

I didn't believe her.

She walks out of my room, crying and saying she loves me.

"I love you mommy.", I whisper.

Then, the yelling starts. Mommy and me left daddy a week ago. She said we were going on vacation but daddy had to stay and work. I missed my daddy.

But daddy found me. And mommy.

But I don't think mommy wanted him to.

The wall rumbles. I hear glass break.

What are mommy and daddy doing?

Then, BOOM. I don't think daddy had a water gun.

It was silent then daddy walks into my room. He's covered in strawberry jam. I love strawberry jam on my toast.

I want to hug my daddy, but mommy said we were playing hide and seek. So I stay hidden, like a good girl.

"Come here hunny, everything's gonna be okay. Come to daddy." he says to the darkness.

I hear an icecream truck in the distance.

Daddy must not like icecream because he ran away. Icecream isn't scary though! Silly daddy.

The icecream truck gets closer and I don't think daddy is here anymore. He's hiding from the icecream.

Then the door opens and a guy all dressed up asks if anyone is here.

I giggle because my teddy bear's arm is hanging out from under my bed. He's going to find me! He sees me and bends down and asks me to come here.

I tell him "No im playing hide and seek thats what mommy said" and he shakes his head sadly.

"Tag, your it", he says to me and I laugh and crawl out from under the bed.

"Did you see my daddy or mommy?", I ask him

"Uh...no. Come ith me though. Whats your name?", he asks as he picks me up and buries my face in his shoulder.

"Lizzie" I tell him.

He brings me outside before he lets me see again.

"Let's go.", he tells me and I get in the car that sounded like an icecream truck.