Wayfaring Companions

Wayfaring Companions; Copyright Statement & Summary

This story has all rights reserved. 

Absolutely no part of this work may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without permission except in the case of brief quotations accompanied by a mandatory citation. This book is a complete work of fiction; all characters, names and events are directly from the author's imagination or are elsewhere inspired by non-fictious encounters and places. Any resemblance to actual events or people is entirely coincidental. No part of this work may be reproduced, rewritten or borrowed without permission and consent from the author. Any instances in failure of cooperation will result in consequences. 

I've worked long and hard on this short story and I'm really excited for it, so please don't steal or copy this or I just might shit on you. I shit you not. 

 ✈

Summer time means vacation; three months of new discoveries, thrilling adventures, wrinkled maps to be pried open and gorgeous foreign countries to explore. 

Kira Walker has always lusted over visiting different countries and witnessing a mesh of unique cultures before her eyes. She's dreamed of the view from an airplane thousands of feet above the ground and can only imagine the excitement of setting foot in a place she's never visited. Kira is a dreamer; a traveler by heart and a wanderlustian with each and every passing day.

Kira is left saddened and defeated at the beginning of the summer for the umpteenth time when she discovers that for the seventeenth year of her existence, she won't be going anywhere for her summer vacations. She learns that many of her friends and classmates are off on extravagant adventures from sight-seeing all around Europe to relaxing on a cruise to the Caribbean Islands while she's left in her boring little town which she has lived in all her life. Kira has never gone past the boundaries of her state and wishes for nothing but to let go and see. 

Xander Harrison; the undeniably humble and intelligent best friend of Kira with a knack for fine arts. He has always been Kira's backbone; her cushion to save her fall, her voice when seeking comfort and her color when needing sight. Xander has a remarkable talent with words; he crafts simple words together in a magnificent array of sentences, ultimately creating a glorious tale which alters from resting to dancing on the very tip of his tongue. 

He discovers that through his words, Kira's dreams can finally become a reality. For every day of the summer, Xander accompanies Kira on her decade old sofa of her lonely apartment, holding her close to his side and voices the adventure that the both of them encounter in a new and enchanting country as they explore extraneous cities. Kira is fascinated by the power of Xander’s words and how easily they paint a picture of places she’s only had the power of fantasizing of. 

Xander’s tales and the pair’s adventures evolve around unique encounters and quite a few mishaps, and they find solace with each other’s company as they voyage the world through the remarkable power of words from a faded old sofa. 

  ✈

a/n;

helloo, so i'm starting this new short story in hopes of having this as something to work on along side my main project, bottled up. this story will be updated whenever possible and i really really am looking forward to working on it. 

if you just so happened to stumble across this, thank you so much for reading and do make sure to tell me what you think; i'd love to know your thoughts! 

this is dedicated to rose aka bbq loving brit aka queen of fab music taste aka the birthday gal of this lovely day on july sixteenth, two thousand and thriteen. happy birthday, you gorgeous person you. you never cease to amaze me and you're so talented and i adore you. 

xoxo,
gossip girl (jk, my name is fay, don't wear it out)