Winner

Hello again, friends!

I'd like to start off by giving out a HUGE thank you to those of you who took the time to participate in this one shot competition - I'm so thankful for all of you amazing readers, and those of you who participated and wrote your own takes on the stories of Kira and Xander really made my day.

I loved everyone's one shots - congrats to mahagical, _honestly, adlers, _Targaryen, and koalara who all wrote stunning and wonderful one shots. I enjoyed reading each and every one of them, and I couldn't be pleased with your own little takes on Kira and Xander's adventures.

The winning one shot, which I determined as my favorite, pretty much ripped my heart out. The author captured Kira and Xander's friendship, as well as their romantic side of their relationship, absolutely perfectly. I was smiling throughout reading the entire story and there were definitely some parts that stabbed me in the heart. She used the perfect amount of detail to paint out Xander's story, and the dialogue between Kira and Xander was totally spot on; I honestly feel like she wrote my characters better than I did. She showed just how much Kira and Xander have grown together, which I absolutely loved. Her writing is absolutely phenomenal, and she is one hundred percent deserving of any and all praise for her wonderful talent.

Now without further ado, a huge congrats to Shahd also known as chasingtime for writing my favorite one shot, Chasing Stars;

• • •  

Chasing Stars: A Wayfaring Companions One-Shot

It was a calm August afternoon- the sun could be seen setting in the horizon, the sky a beautiful array of different shades of oranges and reds and purples. Outside Kira's window, she could see her neighbour, Mrs Fray, calling her children inside for dinner. She could hear distant shouts of protests: "But, Mom, I'm not even hungry!" and "Can we eat later?" Kira shook her head and chuckled softly, turning back around to continue packing.

Tomorrow was Kira's big day. She was going off to college. To say that she was excited would be a major understatement, but to say that was nervous would be a even more major understatement.

To be honest, Kira didn't know exactly how she felt. She was leaning more towards the nervousness. Completely new teachers she'd have to tolerate, completely new system she'd have to get accustomed to, completely new kids she'd have to practically live with, completely new state she'd have to move to by herself . . . She tried not to expect too much, but she couldn't help herself. She remembered Xander's constant reminders of don't expect too much, Kira and what have I told you about 'what if's? The memory of his reprimands made her chuckle softly despite herself.

Xander. Oh, God, she was going to miss him so much. Since the pair had started dating a year ago, she had found herself falling for him more and more every day (if that was even possible). She didn't know what she was going to miss the most: his goofy contagious smile; his corny jokes that always managed to make her laugh; his gentle touch; his soft kisses; his intelligence and compassion . . . his stories.

The floodgates opened, and the memories of the summer before came rushing through her head like a raging river. London, Verona, New York, Toronto . . . all those places Xander took her with the power of his words from that old, tattered couch in that quiet, empty living room that didn't seem so lonely with him.

Kira longed to hear another one of his wondrous stories. He hadn't really told her any other stories since that summer. With senior year and college applications and homework, there simply hadn't been enough time. But through all the stress and pressure, Xander had stayed grounded, and had been there to encourage her and give her that extra push she needed to keep going. He was always there for her, and she loved that about him.