Chapter 8

Terry's Apartment

Chapter Eight: "Siri call me a taxi."

Grayson's POV

"Why am I here again?" Ross asks for the fifth time since we got to Terry's apartment building.

"You are here for support. And am your boss, so you do whatever the fuck I say." I open the door and get out of the car.

"Grayson!" Ross calls after me, but am already on my way into the building. I hear Ross start to run after me. "Fuck you for making me run." He says after catching up to me.

"What are friends for." I smile at him and press the button for the elevator. The elevator doors open and Ross and I get on.

"What are you going to do if he still rejects you?" He asks.

"I will try and try and try again until he says yes." I shrug at the same time the doors open. "Here we go." We both walk towards the apartment and just stand outside. A girl from the opposite apartment comes out and freezes upon seeing us.

"Oh My Goodness! Grayson Hughes?!" The girl starts hyperventilating and frankly, she is creeping me out. She comes closer to us and as big as I am, I hide behind Ross.

"Miss? Please go away!" Ross says putting his hands in front of me like one of those celebrity security guards. The lady shrugs her shoulder and walks away. "Must be nice being you."

"Not really." I knock on the door three times and patiently wait. My heart starts racing and my palms begin to sweat. Why am I so nervous?

"Coming." A voice comes from inside but it doesn't sound like Terry. Must be his friend Danny. The door opens revealing my prediction, Danny.

"Hello."

"Can we come in?" I ask him politely.

"You know what? Yes. Yes you may." He answers with an evil grin. Ross and I enter the apartment and for a couple of people who are struggling financially, this place looks pretty decent. "Have a seat. I'll go get Terry for you."

"The place is so adorable." Ross states with his eyes roaming around the place.

"Yeah. It screams Terry." I chuckle at my statement knowing how true it is.

"What's so important?" An annoyed Terry comes from the hallway being dragged by the arm.

"Here you go." Danny pushes Terry into the small living room. After stumbling into the room, Terry catches his balance and stands up straight.

"Hi. Hey Terry. I'd like you to meet my friend Ross Williams." I stand up grabbing Ross's shoulder motioning him to stand up. Ross puts his hand forward and Terry takes it and they have a proper handshake.

"Hello." Terry says letting go of Ross's hand.

"We were actually on our way to the office when we decided to just stop by." I say sitting back down on the blue couch with Ross, as Terry and Danny sit on the white chairs by the window.

"Wow. Nice place you got here." Ross starts making a conversation.

"It's all from Goodwill. Don't let it fool you." Terry responds coldly.

"Well Goodwill has some nice things I've heard." Ross says trying to lighten the tension.

"Yeah, great. Excuse me." Terry says and gets up from the chair and out the door he goes. After the door is slammed, I excuse myself and go after Terry. I open the front door and close it behind me. I become face to face with a very angry Terry.