No Choice

It's hard being me. It's hard for anyone to be a woman in my country. We live on a small island and we are not aloud to leave the island. We have many strict rules. It is tearing our country appart but, no one will do anything about it, they are to afraid of him. Our country wasn't always like this, he caused it. He is a horrible ruler. One of the worst things though is arranged marriges. Ever since he came people have been more angry. The crime skyrocketed. It was hard for parents to find men who weren't criminals to marry their daughters to. My parents managed to find one for me though or so they thought. Derik, he never broke any laws when people could see him. The only laws he broke were broken in our house. He never did this to anyone else, just me. I don't understand why, I did'nt do anything to deserve this. The worst part is he doesn't drink or do drugs so he is totally aware of what he is doing.

Suddenly I hear a sound from down the street. It is a sound that sends fear through my veins. The sound that everyday I hope I will never hear again even though it's inevitable that I will. The feirce purr of Derik's Harley roaring down the street. A chill went through my spine knowing he would be here any second now. I knew what would come next and I knew that as always it would be for some silly reason. I heard the engine cut off. I wanted to hide but I only had a few secounds before he came in and besides hiding would just make it worse.

I watched as the lock began to turn slowly then there was a click when it was done. Then the door knob began to turn as my fear and adrenalin rose. The door swung open with a loud creaking sound. I gulped as a lump began to form in my throat. "LILY!" Derik roared angirly. Uh oh. I was in for it. For some reason he was really pissed today. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TODAY!" Derik roared. "I WENT TO GO PAY MY BOSS FOR THE NEW UNIFORMS AND THE CARD I GAVE HIM WAS EMPTY!" He then slapped my arm really hard. "MY BOSS FIRED ME BECAUSE SOMEONE HAD TO GO BUY A NEW DRESS YESTERDAY AND USED ALL THE MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT!" He raised his hand high and it came down landing on my leg with a smack.

"ONE DRESS AND ONE PAIR OF PJS THATS ALL THE CLOTHES YOU NEED!" I had no chance to respond before his foot collided full force with my shin. Ow that hurt. "But, my old dress ripped I had nothing to wear." I didn't shout because I knew what would happen to me if I did. "WEAR YOU PJS THEN INSTEAD OF GETTING ME FIRED!" One second his fist was flying full spead through the air, the next it hit my stomache full force. It was so painful. It felt like I was laying down and someone dropped a 10 pound bowling ball on me. I could feel my eyes begining to sting as tears welled up in my eyes.

He kept beating me like this. It lasted for over 3 hours. That is the longest it had ever lasted before. It also was the most painfull physically and emotionally. The little bit of my heart that I had left died that day. For I knew something that he didn't. There was one thing that kept me holding on, the only reason for me to want to stay alive and he had just killed it. WHen he punched me in the stomache it killed it. My baby. I was pregnant. I did'nt care if it was a child of his or not I just wanted a child so bad. I wanted to have someone who would care and love me again. Someone to love me again like Arianna had.