Chapter 3

Sheriff Lance and his deputy were still talking to Deputy Thawne when Nyssa walked in with the drunk slung over her shoulder.

"What did Miller do this time?" Sheriff Lance asked as Nyssa kept the drunk on her shoulder.

"He Challenged me to a gun fight and I knocked him out." Nyssa told the sheriff.

"He's a stubborn mule, trying to take Nyssa Raatko." Deputy Hilton respond.

"So you two who I am. But who are you?"
"I'm Sheriff Quentin Lance and he's Deputy Sheriff Lucas Hilton."

"And what about the blonde one? Does he speak or is he a mute?" Nyssa asked.
"I'm Deputy Sheriff Eddie Thawne of Central City."

"What brings you to Star City?"
"That doesn't concern you."

"Deputy Hilton, show Ms. Raatko where to escort the prisoner." Sheriff Lance cut in.

"Of course. Right this way." Deputy Hilton replied. Nyssa followed him as led her to the cells.
***
"Wake up you God forsaking batards." A man yelled. The men were confused as to what was going on, but woke up anyway.

"What the hell is going on, Jeff?" A man asked.

"That doublecrossing bitch, Nyssa ran off with all the money." Jeff respond.

"Then let's stop jawing and go after her." The man responded.
***
"How long are you planning to be in town?" Deputy Thawne asked when Nyssa return with Hilton from putting Miller in a cell.

"Not long deputy, I'm just passing through." Nyssa replied as she laid Miller's gun on the table.

"That's Miller's gun." Nyssa stated. Sheriff Lance nodded and open a drawer and sat the gun inside. Then he closes the drawer.

"He's going to be sore at you when he gets out." Sheriff Lance tells Nyssa.

"Being sore is better than him being dead." Nyssa replied.
"I guess so."

"So where are you staying while you're in town?" Deputy Hilton asked.

"I don't know." Nyssa says.

"Try my daughter, Laurel's place. She doesn't charge you, but asks you to do chores to earn your meal and a place to sleep for the night." Sheriff Lance mention.

"Its worth a shot." Nyssa says and she tips her hat before leaving.

"This is none of my business, but do you think that it was wise to send a killer/outlaw to your daughter's place?" Deputy Hilton asked.

"Maybe. But will know where to find her if she does something wrong." Sheriff Lance explained.

"I wonder why she didn't kill, Miller the town drunk?" Hilton asked.

"It wouldn't have proved anything if she did." Eddie added to the conversation.

"He's right." Lance replied, "in the morning, I wanted you and Deputy Thawne to ride out to my daughter's place and see if she's having any trouble with Nyssa then report back to me."