.6. When the Day Met the Night

*Heart attack at the beautifulness of this GIF* I could seriously watch this all day... Also there's a really cool animated video of this song that is attached so watch it when you finish the chapter.

~Jamie~

Okay. I seriously need to stop running into people. Of course I'm not going to complain if it's frickin Brendon Urie. Think. If I hadn't been rushing to go to my job interview I wouldn't have been running, if I hadn't have been running I wouldn't have run into him, if I hadn't have run into him, I wouldn't be meeting him for coffee later. Excuse me while I fan girl. I went to my interview/performance for studio drummer getting lost in my drum beats. I didn't really want to work. I mean who does, but at least I would be doing something I loved. They told me they would call me if I got the job so i got up from my seat, picked up my sticks and left the studio. I piled my coats back on and walked back to the apartment I shared with Annie.

"I'm home!!!" I sang as I walked in the door dropping my keys on the table by the door. I left my coat on the couch and went into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of milk. Annie's computer was playing Terrible Things by Mayday Parade. A song that she had shown me that left me crying. I started singing along with it.

"No need to show off!" She said laughing at me. She knew how much I loved singing, but how insecure I was about it. "How did your interview go?"

"Pretty good, just played some beats." I responded simply. "I'm meeting Brendon tonight."

"Wait hold up," she said her eyes widening. "Back it up, rewind. What did you just say?"

"Brendon, I ran into him. Like literally, collision in the street. I'm meeting him at Starbucks." I said waving my hands in the air.

"Holy crap! Are you serious?"

"Yeah," I said happily.

"But didn't he give you his phone number?"

"He did and then something happened, it must have fallen out of my purse." I said sadness lacing my voice. I was devastated, I got home that morning and was ready to text him. Boom. The piece of paper was gone. I must have cried for an hour. And it's not like everyday you get a phone number from Brendon Boyd Urie.

"That's what the wailing was for." She said looking philosophically to the corner of the room. I nodded slowly.

"Woah, woah, woah. Holy shit. What time is it?" I said. God I seriously need to stop cussing. Seriously what the fu- heck. Heck. What the heck is wrong with me?

"5:30."

"Shhhhiii--oooottt!" I said catching myself. "I need to shower and make sure I look nice..." I said drawing out the syllables so I sounded like a little baby.

"It's not like you get to hang out with a famous guy every day." She said rolling her eyes and laughing at me. "Jason is coming over later." She said smiling. Jason is store clerk guy. He came home with her that night and they seemed to make a connection. Now they were together I guess; It had been a couple of weeks.

"Sounds good." I said walking to my bathroom, and turning on the shower. I turned up Too Weird To Live, and Too Rare to Die and sang along with it. I stood under the water longer than was necessary just thinking about stuff. I had loved Brendon since 8th grade, thought of him in every situation, dreamed of him; now here I am. Who would have thought? I got out of the shower and went to my bedroom standing before my closet and thinking about what I could wear. I want to look good, but not like I'm trying too hard; sexy, but classy. I pulled out my black skinny jeans and Jean button up, putting them on and then throwing on my black and plaid sweater on top. I rolled up my skinnies a bit and put on my black high tops. Now. Hair. Ugggghhhh. I curled it a little bit and then put it up in a messy bun. I put on a bit of mascara and eyeliner before finally putting on my glasses so I could see. I always wore contacts for performances, the people liked it better because glasses aren't punk enough. By the time I was ready it was almost seven so I went back into the kitchen and put on my black pea coat and headed out the door. I put my headphones in and blasted Panic(!) muttering the lyrics as I walked. When I got to Starbucks I was a little bit early so I sat by the window after ordering my favorite Tea and got lost in my thoughts.