Four - Her Friend The Masochist

SACHI'S POV:

"That was all your fault, Sachi! Jai deteste...YOU!"

"Blah blah blah," I wave Shuu off, "You never called me to assist."

"So you just let them leave? You let Kaneki Kendae LEAVE!"

"I did."

"I KNOW! That's why I'm mad at you!"

It's been a few days since the hellish plan to capture and feast upon Kaneki Kendae failed epically. Who would have assumed that Nishiki had actually bonded so much with a human girl. It's rather sad if I'm honest, he was on the verge of death yet continued to fight for Kimi.

The church fills with dramatic organ music as Shuu attempts to build an atmosphere. I stifle a snort as I hide underneath the candlelit perch that Kimi is being presented on. Actually getting her to the church was easy. All it actually took was for me to claim that Nishio-kun sent me to bring her to the location of a super special date. He also asked her to be blindfolded because he wanted to surprise her. Poor innocent Kimi bought right into that trap and was led straight to the church, bound and is now left waiting atop of what looks like a coffin, for Kaneki the noble and selfless to take the bait.

The door opens and Shuu ceases to play the organ. "Ahh, Kaneki-chan., do you like Beethoven,"

Smooth, Shuu. Real smooth.

A low growl emits from the doorway. There is no way that could be Kaneki Kendae. I can smell somebody else in the room, "TSUKIYAMA!"

It's Nishio-kun.

"Ahh, Nishio-kun. I don't remember inviting you."

I roll my eyes from my hiding place, now Shuu's just being ridiculous. Why use such cliché lines to try and create a mood when everybody knows that just having a Gourmet in the same room as a human is a bad mix.

"Give me back Kimi!" I wince, poor Nishio-kun really does sound aggravated. This isn't going to be pleasant. I make a fist, more than tempted to just scuttle out of harms way so I can intercept Toushi, if he does arrive.

"Unfortunately, I can't do that. She is here to add spice to tonight's banquet. I want to let Kaneki-chan eat her at maximum freshness."

"Huh?!" Nishio-kun sounds rather disturbed

"To be more precise, I want to eat Kaneki-chan while she eats her! That's what I want!"

I snort from beneath my cover, attempting to keep a low profile. I knew Shuu was crazy, but this is a WHOLE new level of crazy!

"You dirty bastard." Well he isn't wrong, the whole concept sounds rather perverse if you were to ask me.

"Y-You're perverted." Kaneki sounds mortified. Poor girl.

"Perverted? This is surprising. Supposing that's how you feel..." A wooshing sound implies that Shuu moved toward Kaneki. I shiver, tempted to show myself now, "Kaneki-chan, you're the one who's making me do this, so you bear responsibility for it. You'd better realise how delicious you really are."

A loud crashing sound fills the room, followed by a cry from Kaneki Kendae, "Mr Nishio!"

"You take a load off over there."

Several gasps escape the object of Shuu's attention, a sound to light and feminine to have come from Nishio-kun. "You're still pretty flat-footed. Just like a baby chick, toddling around. Listen up this is a real punch." A loud sound and a cry. If I were a betting woman I would say that Shuu just punched Kaneki Kendae in the face over anywhere else, it usually has the greatest impact when added to shock. Because that is definitely the way to demonstrate one's affection.

A heavy crunch sound follows as Shuu rants about fighting technique. What exactly is the point if a certain Gourmet is going to feast upon her?

I wince, hearing a sharp slicing sound, like when you slash the air with a blade. The sound completely cuts Shuu off mid-rant. I shudder, the scent of the most likely culprit of this sound registers in my brain. Toushi.

"How about THIS one? It's a regular sneak attack."

"Toushi-kun!"

"My, my, this is bad news. It's been so long since I've gotten a scratch."

"I'm going to kick your ass so hard, you won't be able to eat Tsukiyama," Toushi declares. I stretch my sluggish limbs, waiting to be called upon. This is why I'm here. Shuu had me come here just to fight Toushi. Is he going to wait for me to sneak attack him right back, or what?

"You've got a dirty mouth there, Mister Kirishima."

"He's not hurt!"

"Long ago, you were well honed like a sharpened knife. If you were as strong now as you were then that injury would have taken more than ten seconds to heal."

"That was just a greeting. It wouldn't be any fun if it came to an end right away, would it?"

Let me have some fun, come ON Shuu, let me have some fun! Come on! Come on! Come on!

"My goodness," Come on Shuu. Say it.

"You are a handful." Say it.

"However." FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHUU, JUST LET ME DO SOMETHING!

"That's also what makes you so cute." I groan from my place hiding behind Kimi, hoping that it is just regarded as Nishio-kun's pained sounds. I start to crawl out from under the hiding place I sit in and hope that I can just jump Toushi. If Shuu was being serious just then, then I shouldn't have the slightest issue dealing with Toushi.

Poking my head out from the hiding spot I watch as Toushi attempts to kick Shuu. It has always been the way, hasn't it? That Ghouls with such similar kagunes inherit the most amazingly similar abilities.

"Your reactions are as quick as ever. Back then, you were fourteen, and I was eighteen. Those cold, piercing eyes of yours like crystal shards...are something I can never forget." Shuu's reminiscing us cut short by a kick to the face.

"You disgust me! I'm getting nauseated!"

"I was pretty head over heels for you back then." It is Kaneki who is next to kick Shuu in the face. Wait... is she crushing on Toushi? Shuu's ex-crush? How interesting! Having hit his head upon the wooden seats in the church, Shuu lingers violet hair falling above his eyes.

"I'm not going to be eaten by you, and I'm leaving here with Miss Kimi."

"That was a good kick, Kaneki-chan."Shuu laughs as both Kaneki Kendae and Tosuhi jump up to kick him in the neck. Why isn't he indicating that I should be helping? WHY IS SHUU SUCH A MASOCHIST?!

Note!

Dearest Des, Happy Birthday, I hope you enjoy a flashback chapter ~

Dear Shattered, Happy Belated Birthday and I'm sorry that this was late DX I'll make it up to you eventually! ~

Hope you two had / have amazing days!