The Morning Of

The Life
of Stephen McLaughlin

Stephens POV: The year - 1963.

This year has particular significance since that was the year of the murder. The horrible murder. Or...should I say murders, plural.

Hi. I'm Stephen, Stephen McLaughlin. I'm a detective for the Federal Investigation Bureau. I'm going on 49 years. I live in New York, New York.

My wife, Martha, was one...one of the murder victims. She was...she...they fucking shot her...and...and ...nevermind...no one wants to hear what they did to her body. That day, October 3rd, 1963, was the day of not one...not two...six murders. That morning, I grabbed my coat with the tiny whole under the left top pocket. Grabbed my canteen of bourbon, grabbed my lucky pen, grabbed my lunch bag with my lunch that my wife fixes for me every day. It was a normal day. This ass on highway 73 scratched the bel-air with his truck AND flipped me off. Bad day, I could already tell it would be. That doesn't come close to describing what I came home to. They left shell casings all over the place, all engraved. 9 shell casings, 3 groups of 3 shells all engraved with 6. So...damn...that's 3 groups of 666...what, are they frigging satan worshippers? Or did they do that just to...pick at me...get under my skin...

Jeremy got on this Case of the Catswall murders. Three murders.

Jeremy's POV:

So me and Ryck are going out to the crime scene to check over anything the officers missed. There seemed to be the same shell casings found at Stephens house. All engraved...all...pure black... What made these shell casings black...someone must've burnt them...but who...

Stephens POV:

So there were more of those shell casings just like the one that the murderer used to kill...my wife...an anonymous tipster walked into the headquarters...asked to speak with Jeremy...came back to Jeremy's office, right across from mine, and said "Nicks doing", then left. We don't know who Nick is, but now we have a lead.

Nicks POV right before the McLaughlin Murder:

Martha, you'll pay for what you did to us! *gunshot* You'll pay, bitch! *gunshot* now you'll understand that we mean- *gunshot* -business! You know what you did- *gunshot* -to us, you dirty swine! So now you'll fucking- *gunshot, gunshot* -pay! You were Nathan's little angel and now you're- *gunshot, gunshot, gunshot* -DEAD!