Chapter 14~ Let The Right One In (Part Two)

Author note: Please forgive me for how long it's taken for me to update! I hope this chapter makes up for it :)        

_________________________________________________________

John's P.O.V

The air had changed in the past few hours that we had been inside. It was no longer cloudy. The pitch black night sky had replaced those Grey clouds, no stars visible except for a few scattered ones that were actually bright enough to withstand London's lights. The air was crisper, icier than before, a slight breeze picking up my cape and making it flare out in a mysterious manner.

It felt like one of those nights where there was no such thing as boundaries, where you could do anything that would go unpunished. It was a night I hadn't experienced in a long time, not since my teenage years. An adventurous night. Maybe it was the alcohol telling me this, but frankly I couldn't care less. I was with Teddy, who seemed to be a little more drunk now than she was ten minutes ago.

"We need.... fuel!" Teddy declared, punching her fist into the air like she had just solved a hard puzzle. She wobbled a bit in her heels but regained her balance. "Just a quick bite so we can last the whole night. Morning. Night. What time is it?"

I shrugged, grinning. "Does it matter?"

"No. No, of course not!" Teddy laughed. "To the nearest takeaway, Phantom!"

Then, as fast as a bullet, Teddy left my side, running down the pavement. I followed with a laugh, adrenalin pumping through my veins.

Whenever I ran with Sherlock chasing after a criminal, the adrenalin in my veins was red hot and fiery. This adrenalin was different. It was as light as air and bubbly like champagne, making my head swim. I felt like I could run for a year without stopping. Maybe even fly. Just as long as this bubbly feeling continued working it's magic.

Teddy turned a corner and I followed, nearly crashing into a couple. They jumped as I ran past, probably shocked to see a man with a cape and mask pursuing a woman in an old fashioned dress and fangs. Imagining their facial expression made me laugh.

I didn't feel thirty-six. I felt young, and wild, and reckless and free. I loved it.

Teddy dashed into a small takeaway. I caught the door before it could close and ducked inside with a grin.

"I win!" Teddy declared. I shook my head, catching my breath.

"Where's the food?" I asked. Teddy walked up to the counter and smiled at the cashier who's eyes blinked rapidly in slight shock.

"Burgers. Two," Teddy held up two fingers and giggled. The dazed cashier nodded and punched the order into his computer. I pulled out my card and held it out to Teddy who looked at it and shook her head. "My shout."

"You sure?" I asked. Teddy just grinned and gave the cashier some money. As she paid I found us a seat. Teddy sat across from me after a few seconds. Her eyes were huge, pupils blown wide from all the alcohol she had consumed. She had a slightly maniac look on her face but in her eyes I could see the same bubbly feeling I was experiencing.

"I want to go explore," Teddy said. "After we eat, I want to go explore and find stuff and see stuff and have fun."

"I'm already having fun," I replied in all honesty.

We got our food and had a competition to see who could eat it the fastest. I won but I think Teddy would've beaten me had she taken out her fangs.

We left the takeaway and headed out into the chilly night. Teddy grabbed my hand and together we skipped down the pavement. At the top of her lungs Teddy began to sing some song I had heard on the radio a few times. She could carry a tune but I hoped she didn't decide to suddenly give up her job and become a famous singer.