Rafa Nadal Oneshots

As soon as his opponents return had failed to make it over the net, Rafael Nadal fell to the floor in ecstasy. His back lay on the worn grass probably leaving grass stains on his all white outfit, his large, plaster covered hands hid his face as he struggled to take in what had happened. He was a Wimbledon champion once again, third time actually.

The headlines and comments ran through Rafa's head in the few seconds that he lay on the grass, after the injury they said it was over, they said he would never play at the same level again but these were the comments that spurred him on to get where he was right now, 3rd time Wimbledon champion.

He suddenly rose from his position on the floor, abandoning his trusty Babolet racquet to approach the net and shake hands with his heartbroken competitor. Rafa knew how that felt, he had lost twice to Roger. But Rafael would not allow himself to feel sorry for the other man, this was his moment and he wanted to enjoy it.

He shook hands with his opponent and then the umpire. He only wanted to do one thing now, to be with his loved ones.

Rafael rushed through the crowd and up the green steps of centre court and when he reached the roof in front of his family's box, he pulled himself onto the roof and was immediately pulled into loving arms. First his mother, then his father, his sister Isabel, his coach uncle Toni, his cousins, friends, and then, at last, his wife, who pulled him into a tight one armed hug.

In her other arm lay their tiny sleeping daughter, barely three months old. They had all taken bets about how long the baby would be able stay on centre court before she got fussy and would have to be taken out because she couldn't stay quiet but she had slept through the whole match. 3 and a half hours and not one sound had come from the tiny baby. Rafa gently placed a kiss on his daughter's head before stroking her soft, dark hair.

"Congratulations baby" His wife whispered, her voice was full of emotion and her hand was caressing his cheek.

Below them, they were still setting up for the trophy celebrations. Rafa made the most of the precious time they had left together before he would be called back down. He kissed his wife hard on the lips and then pulled back to look at her beautiful face and his eyes began to tear up at the look of pride in her eyes.

And then he finally turned to the very last person in the box, this one barely able to see over the railings. He had been standing patiently, watching his daddy in awe.

"You did it daddy!" He said excitedly when he finally had his father's attention.

"I told you I would" Rafa responding before hooking his hands under his small son's armpits and pulling him up into his arms. The little boy was just three, a little small for his age and the model of his father with his tanned skin and curly, dark hair.

Rafa rested the little boy onto his hip before placing a kiss onto his cheek, making the little boy giggle and squirm in his father's arms.

The court below them was quiet and Rafa suddenly realised they were waiting to start. He kissed his wife once more before placing his little boy back onto his feet.

"Take me with you Papi!" the little boy begged as he tugged onto Rafa's hand adorably.

Rafa was unsure, but he took the little boy anyway because he just couldn't say no to him. Rafa walked to the edge of the roof and carefully climbed down back onto the steps below, then turning back to lift his son off the roof and put him on the floor beside him and they walked down the steps together and back onto the court.

All eyes -and cameras- were on them, but Rafa didn't care. He had everything he ever wanted in life. Not another grand slam title, no not that, what made it important was the people he now had to share it with. The people who made all the hours training and the pain of injury completely worth it, because just to see the look of pride in their eyes was everything Rafa would ever need to be happy.

(Yep. Sorry that was so cute and cringey and fluffy. Maybe the next one will be mature to make up for it ;) leave a comment. Vote, please! Love Eva xx)