Chapter 5: Bad Dreams

I'm in a dark room, as far as I know I'm alone. I don't know where I am, but it's cold. I tried to move, feeling sharp pains in my chest and stomach. Looking down to see that I was covered in blood.

My skin was shredded, mixed in with my clothes that were torn too. "Dean?!" I screamed as loud as I could, but there was no answer. No sounds. No nothing.

The air felt thick, still freezing, I could even see my breath. What the hell is happening to me? Thoughts ran through my mind, so many thoughts. What's happening? What do I do? Am I gunna die."

Blood started dripping onto the floor. The drips echoeing in the silence of the empty room. I yelled again but no sound came from my mouth.

I could see ahead of me, but not very far. What little light there was faded around me, my sight was gone. I can't talk, I can't see, what's next?

I fell to my knees, grasping my stomach in pain. The stinging was the worst part, it burnt when I took a breath, moved, especially when I tried to yell for help.

The floor became soft beneath me and I started to fall, cascading into an abyss I couldn't see. What do I do? There isn't anything left for me to do.

I accepted it, allowing myself to be swallowed by my own fear. My mind fell silent.

My body jolted, I quickly sat up in bed. I was sweating and breathing heavy. I was shaking. What the hell was that?

I hadn't even noticed that Dean was awake too, with his arm around me. Attempting to comfort me in any way he could.

"Are you alright?" He asked me, rubbing my shoulders.

"I'm fine, it was just a dream." I sighed. Of course the first night home in a week and I can't even get a full nights sleep. "Go back to sleep, I'm gunna go get a drink."

"You're sure you're okay?" He proceeded to poke at me in order to make sure I was fine. He has an overwhelming protective quality over me, which is very comforting.

"Yeah, honestly I'm fine." I ran my hand down his cheek and he kissed me before laying back down.

I threw back covers, getting out of bed. I grabbed a fleece blanket off of the foot of the bed and wrapped it around me. I'd hate to walk through the bunker and moon Sam or something.

I went out into the hallway, gently closing the door behind me. Finally I could sigh as loud as I wanted to, letting out my frustration.

After a nightmare I was always pissed off in a way, seeing as they don't happen very often. They disrupt my sleep and that always makes me mad.

I hadn't had a nightmare in a very long time, I hardly dream anyways so this was especially odd for me . I headed down the hallway toward the kitchen. The lights were still dimmed down other than the kitchen light which was on.

I opened the fridge, thinking maybe a bottle of water would cool me down a little. I was distracted by a bottle of beer sitting on the top shelf. Water can wait.

I popped the top of the bottle and took a drink. It tasted a little bland to me but it was still alcohol. At this point I would even down a bottle of vodka just to ensure that I'd get eight hours of sleep.

I hopped up on the counter, my legs swinging freely over the edge. The clock on the wall read 4:08. I didn't even sleep for two hours.

I finished the bottle off and tossed it in the trash heading back down the hall toward our room. When I opened the door you could hear Dean lightly snoring.

I crawled back into bed as gently as I could, nestling back down under the blankets. I can't sleep, I tossed and turned among the covers.

My body was tired but my brain wouldn't let me drift off. Why can't I just have one good night's sleep.

I lifted myself back out of bed. Rewrapping the same fleece blanket around myself once again. I headed back off into the hallway. Maybe if I wander around a little bit I'll wear myself back out.

The bunker used to scare me, but that was a long time ago. Creepy shit happened here all the time, it was no big deal. I'd adapted to it like I adapted to Demons and Angels.

Speaking of angels, I have an idea. I headed straight for the library. I can call for Cas. I'd hate to interrupt is angelic duties and such but, I know he'll come if I call. He'll always be there in one way or another as long as I needed him to be.

"Cas, I need you." I thought to myself on the way to the barren library. Once I rounded the corner there he was.

"Cas" I ran up and he hugged me, squeezing me tightly.

"What's wrong? Why did you call for me?" He released me from his grip, sitting me down in a chair. He sat across from me.

"This is gunna sound dumb but I had a nightmare." I tucked the blanket tighter around myself, "sorry to call you here for nothing."

"You know I'd come even if the reason was irrelevant. You could ask me to come and color with you and I'd still drop everything and come to you." He leaned forward and smiled, "now what was your dream about?"

He's gotten very good at comforting which was a quality we had to teach him, that and sarcasm.

"I don't know. I was dying and nobody came to help when I screamed for help. It wasn't really that bad, but it's really bugging me for some reason. Like, I can't go back to sleep, it's like my brain won't let me." I shrugged.

"I'm sorry, (y/n). Do you want me to", he raised two fingers toward my forehead, "you know, help?"

"Would you mind?" I sat up, leaning my head toward his hand, "thank you by the way."

"You're welcome, (y/n). Goodnight."

"Night Cas."