Chapter XI

--------------------

Five, six, seven, eight... I don't know why I'm counting but I am. What am I counting though? Days? Years? Failures? Headaches? Heartbreaks? Sheep? I need help. I don't know why I can only hear numbers in my head right now. Twelve, thirteen, fourteen... I'm trying to stop it but my mind doesn't seem to obey to me anymore. Obey to me! Seventy five, seventy six, seventy seven, seventy eight... 

"Aahhhh." I yelp. Wait, am I sleeping? Am I awake? What is going on? Something warm and soothing touches my forehead and I instantly lose conscience again.

"Sage, come on. We're going to take a picture together." She smiled widely. We were at the beach. The weather was exquisite. Hot and spicy were the words that described the day perfectly. Mom had been swimming with dad for the entire afternoon. I just sat there taking picture of their awkward mini-romance. It was cute that they were so in love and happy, but come on, it was so disgusting to watch. I should've asked myself why I was taking pictures of them... "Sage, are you coming? The lady isn't going to wait for you forever." She insisted and I stood up from where I was seated. I didn't really like taking pictures of myself, but oh well, it was a family picture. I couldn't really refuse anyway, mom absolutely adored family pics. I placed myself in between mom and dad and they both wrapped their arms around me. I loved it when they did that. It always made me feel at home, as if I was loved and protected. I put my best smile on and the female tourist took the picture. We thanked her and she left us with the incredible souvenir. "It's such a perfect picture!" Mom excitedly squeaked. "You both look beautiful." Dad complimented as he wrapped his arms around both of us and kissed both of our foreheads one at a time. I looked at the picture again when we were heading back towards our hotel and there I was, standing in between them.

In between them is where I stood.

Standing in between them is what I did.

I did it. I stood in between them.

"What are you saying? Wake up." I hear as my body feels shaken by something, more like someone. "I'm so sorry." I cry. Why am I sorry? Why am I crying? Who's shaking me? "Hey, you need to open your eyes, you're having a nightmare." I hear a voice say to me. It's a man, a familiar one. Who is he though? "Stop crying." I hear the man say with a stern, cold voice. I've already heard that voice, already heard that coldness. I try to open my eyes and stop crying as he says, but I'm afraid to. I don't know why, but I am literally scared of opening my eyes right now. "I don't want to." I lightly sob. I feel a hand, his hand, wrap itself around the back of my neck and it sits me up before laying me back down against something very soft compared to where I was lying before. It feels as if I'm lying against the person who's talking to me. Does he want to help me? What do I need help for anyway? "Come on, wake up." The man boosts a little softer than before as his hands rubs over my shoulders. "Who are you?" I ask. My eyes are still closed. Somehow, I don't want to see what is going on. Something deep inside of me tells me it's better to not know. The man doesn't answer. Why doesn't he want to tell me his name?

Realisation sinks into me and I jump from where I'm lying and start yelling. I open my eyes and I regret it instantly. It's him. He's here, he's found me. He's shirtless and is only wearing jeans. I notice that his hair is also wet. Oh no, please tell me this is part of the nightmare he was talking about. Wait, where am I? "Hey calm down. I'm not going to hurt you." He says with the same cold tone. Well that was not obvious at all. I quickly take a look around me to scan my surroundings. I'm in what looks like a cave. How did I end up here, where was I before? Not here, was I? I don't remember one thing, I hate this. I focus back on the guy and he is still sitting there where I left him. I've backed away about ten feet. I would've made a run for it, but I'm stuck in here as this 'cave' doesn't seem to have an entrance. There's water behind me, it looks like a little pool, but nothing else but stone walls behind it. His eyes are their normal blue color. The look in them I sadly cannot decipher. My body starts trembling again and my heart starts picking up the usual quick pace. "Why are you here? How did you get here? I thought you were locked!" I yell. I can't do anything but yell right now. I don't know what the fuck is going on. He stands up slowly so he doesn't make me back away more, but I do stay focused on every single movement he makes. He takes a few steps forward, but he stays at a comfortable distance away. Wait another second, where are my clothes? I'm only wearing my bra and panties, where is the rest? Did he rip them off? Did he touch me when I was unconscience?