Chapter 17

{I'm not putting a pic cuz Idk what to put for this chapter, sorry}
Emily
I see Tyler standing behind me. The thing is, he's not alone. He is standing there with his arm slung around Maria. When Matt notices, I can feel him tense beside me.

"Hello Emily, I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I have a new girlfriend. This is Maria. I have a feeling you two already know each other, am I correct?" He asks. I just laugh at him.

"I wish I didn't know her. Have fun with that devil. Oh and Maria, soon I'll realize why you cake your face with makeup." I say.

"Why would you say that?" She asks.

"Oh I don't know, maybe just to even out the skin tone." I say, looking at Tyler. He looks pissed so I giggle.

"Why are you laughing?" He demands. That causes me to burst out laughing.

"Because you're pissed at the truth." Matt says from beside me. I turn and look at him gratefully. Then Maria pipes up.

"I am so confused! What is going on?!?!" She almost yells.

"Do you want to know the truth, Maria? I'll tell you the truth. You better not get on Mr. 'Perfect"'s bad side or else he won't be so perfect anymore. And for the makeup, you're going to need a lot more so you don't come to school black and blue. If you are wondering, in not some cold, heartless person like you. So I'm going to warn you. I hate your guts but even people as low as you don't deserve to be in an abusive relationship so do what you want, but I say you should end it." I finish my rant with a glare towards Tyler.

All of a sudden he pounces at me. I shut my eyes tight and wait for the pain that is about to be inflicted upon me. The odd part is that it never comes.

I open my eyes to see Tyler on the floor with a bloody nose, a yelling Maria, crowd around me, and a very pissed off Matt. He's just about to punch Tyler again when I process what is happening.

I run over to Matt and pull back his arm before he hits Tyler again. "Matt! Stop! Please stop!" I plead. He looks over at me and his expression softens.

"He almost beat you up, Emily. I couldn't let that happen." He says. Then he hugs me tight. I hug him back and I realize that I had been shaking. We pull back and he wipes a tear that has fallen. "Common, let's go to class." He says.

I nod my head and grab my books. As we are walking away, I hear Maria say, "I want to feel bad for you, but you almost beat up a girl half the size of you. I'm sorry but I can't be in a relationship with someone like you." She says.

Inside I feel relief. Even though she has treated me like I was a piece of crap, no one deserves to be in an abusive relationship, not even if they were as mean as Maria.

As we are walking, Matt wraps his arm around my shoulders and I don't bother to shrug it off. Just as we're about to get to the class room, Austin approaches us. "Emily! You're ok! What happened? Is it true that Tyler almost beat you up? What stopped him?" He asks.

"Yeah, it's true that he almost beat me up, but Matt here saved me. Oh, and he gave Tyler a bloody nose." I say with a cheeky smile.

Austin goes and pounds Matt's knuckles with his own and says, "hey, nice job man. I wish I was there to assist."

"Yeah same, but we gotta go, the bell is about to ring. See ya at lunch." Matt says.

"Alright, see ya at lunch." Austin replies.

"Bye Austin!" I call out to him.

"See ya Em!" He shouts back. And with that, Matt and I walk into my first period class, his arm slung around my shoulder, and heads held high.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys and girls,

I was looking back at my previous chapters and remembered about Maria. I thought that I should bring her back and bring even more drama with it. Who knows, maybe Emily and Maria will become friends. Leave a comment and tell me what you think. Also, I won't be updating every day so I'm not sure of the next time that I will post.

I hope you enjoyed. Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think.
~Chloe 👻🐙