The Last Thoughts of a Dying Teen

One more day and I'm dead. I look at my shackles on my wrists and angles. I sighed as moved my arm to a more comfortable position. The chains rattle annoyingly. I look around my tiny black rusted and soggy cell. I'm to die at dawn. All I wanted was an apple. I was so hungry I could have cared less if it was stealing. I didn't have any money. I have siblings to look after. I hope they don't cry. I wouldn't have gotten caught if it I hadn't been so weak from hunger. I close my eyes waiting for sleep to come. It doesn't. Next thing I know I'm being jerked out of the cell and headed over to the ropes. I see my family behind the screaming crowed. They holding each other and crying. That's when I start crying too as I realize that I was going to die. They push me forward when I stop to look at the foot stool I had to climb on so the rope can reach me. I get up on it and close my eyes. A wave of fear goes though me as they put the ropes over head and tighten it to my throat. I heard a man say ' go! ' And then felt excruciating pain on my neck. I couldn't breath. My vision was going black. All I could hear was my little sister screaming. Then I couldn't feel anything at all.