p r o l o g u e

dedicated to @-reyskywalker for the amazing cover!

"Hey, Kaya! Damien's going to be here soon, could you please let him in?" I asked my best friend of twelve years.

"Sure Evelyn, he's staying the night isn't he?" Kaya giggles softly. Knowing I hadn't needed ask her in the first place.

I nodded, focusing on my lipstick, she had been able to see my response in the mirror.

"Hey, how long are you going to be out? I won't have to stay with him that long will I?" Kaya grumbled, turning to me. She didn't have the best of friendships with my boyfriend.

"I won't be that long Kaya, I'm just picking some stuff up from Beau's."

"But he lives on the other side of town!" She argues.

"I'll be back before you know it." I replied, winking as I grabbed my keys and walked out of the apartment towards my car.

Thirty minutes later

It was nice seeing Beau again, I had needed to pick up a letter from our mum. We don't talk much, in fact she acts as if she doesn't even know me.

By the time I had left his house it had already been half an hour.

God, those two are probably trying to murder each other back there. I winced, as I knew things back at the apartment wouldn't be going to smoothly considering those two hate being within even ten feet of each other.

Walking in, I tried to be as quiet as possible, but strangely no shouts could be heard. Weird, Damien's car was out front. Maybe they're getting along for once. I laughed at the thought of that ever happening.

Just as I was about to call Kaya's name, a loud crash sounded from the kitchen. Of course, being me I panicked and grabbed the closest 'weapon' to me. Which just so happened to be grandmas hot pink umbrella that I haven't found the time to return yet.

Creeping towards the kitchen door, I managed to calm my breathing before I had an asthma attack. But, the closer I got the more sounds I could hear. They were almost like, groaning, heavy breaths even.

I stopped short, discarding the umbrella and standing up from my warrior stance, I slammed the door open.

Papers littered the floor, along with a few plates that were now broken. All of  which were originally sat on the island bench. That now had something else occupying it.

Two bodies, tangled together, practically naked with messy hair. Both of which were staring at me with what looked like shock and maybe even a little guilt.

Damien was hovering over Kaya's nearly naked body, holding himself  up with his forearms, he didn't look any better than my best friend. As he himself had lost his shirt, shoes and ruined his hair. Oh, and we can't forget his new jeans that were now down around his ankles, ready to be ripped off. Bright red lipstick stained his face and collarbones, the same lipstick Kaya had been applying just before I left. His neck covered in new hickeys and I couldn't help but notice that my best friend had matching ones.

At my feet were Kaya's clothes, the ones that had been ripped off by my boyfriend of three years.

I was still stood by the door, watching in disbelief as they righted themselves.

Tears threatened to fall, but my sadness could not swallow the new anger that I felt, not just towards my former best friend and boyfriend, but also towards myself. For not seeing what was happening behind my back.

"How long?" I ground out, knowing this was not the first time they had been together, just the first time they had been caught.

"Eve-" Damien tried to plead.

"How long?" I shouted, interrupting him, my anger now turning into rage.

"Two years, but Eve-" Kaya managed to mumble, also trying to explain.

I stormed out of the kitchen, leaving them to continue. Knowing that if I had stayed any longer I would have to torn the place apart. I ran into my bedroom, packing anything valuable into a small backpack, before grabbing my car keys and slamming the front door off its hinges behind me.

I couldn't hold it in any longer, my emotions flowed freely, tears rolling down my cold cheeks, but not before I punched the wall next to me, drops of blood fell from my knuckles, landing on the now broken pieces of the wall at my feet. The cuts showing just how unstable I was.

I screamed and walked away, not wanting to turn around and even glimpse at the horrors that had been created. Stumbling down the stairs I leaned onto the rail for support, pushing the last door open, I escaped from the building.

Blinded by my tears, I ran around looking for my car, loosing myself and clear sight of my surroundings. I found my body stumbling straight into someone's arms.

The Bad Boys arms.