Chapter Three

You woke up warm, comfortable, and with a stranger's arms snugly around you. "What the..." You panicked and struggled to jump up, disoriented and kind of freaked out. You got a bit tangled in the sheets, adding to your confusion.

"What the h-hell?" You said in a groggy tone, still half asleep and looking around the dimly lit room with an expression that conveyed lostness.

Peter stirred and mumbled a bit before sitting up, his hair slightly messy. He also looked at you in confusion and sleepiness before speaking. "You okay?"

Your brain scrambled for something to say. "Uh, wha...where...what time is it?"

He blinked a few times and checked his watch. "It says here it's a tenth to the fourth parsec. It's set to Nova Corps time, though... You sure you're okay?"

You looked around the room once again, and then back to the guy that you had been sleeping with. Sleeping with?

Oh, that's right. You remembered the events of earlier (Today? What constituted as days in space?), and Peter Quill, or Star-Lord, had let you take a nap in his bed.

"Listen, if it was the spooning, I swear I did not do that consciously..." Peter said, putting his hands up in defense and smiling a bit guiltily.

Honestly, you were pretty fine about the spooning. You relaxed your tense body and laughed a bit. "I get super....I don't know...confused? When I'm asleep in, uh, new places."

"I totally get it" He said softly with concern. "You still tired?"

"I'm pretty okay now." You said, checking yourself. You didn't feel any pain around your stomach either. "How long was I asleep?" You stopped yourself, wondering if he could give you any units of time that you could understand.

"If I can remember correctly, your nap was maybe like three hours long?" He said with some uncertainty. You weren't sure if you could take his words for granted, but it felt like you had slept even longer than that.

"I fell asleep too." He said with a smile. You looked at his still boy-like features (though he didn't look a day over 30), wondering how old he was. Not that he could give you an answer with comprehensible measurement units.

You were both interrupted by knocking on the door. Peter suddenly quieted his voice and leaned to you, as if he were going to tell you a secret.

"I know it's Rocket because the knocking came from lower down on the door. Watch." He raised his voice again. "Enter." He said with the silly air of a king.

Sure enough, it was Rocket. You successfully held back a giggle.

"Quill, we'll be entering Gramosian air shortly. There's no way 'round it, under it, or over it. If we pull out now, they'll notice and get antsy. We need to go through to get to our port, and then there's that whole business with the Duchess..." Rocket said, looking at your exposed legs and then to Peter. You tugged the shirt down and pulled the sheets up a bit.

You looked at Peter, wondering what the problem was. He grimaced and looked slightly embarrassed. "In case they say something, I'll have you know that it was her that seduced me."

Rocket laughed and left the room.

Peter yelled after Rocket. "No really, really!"

You put your hands up, not judging him and laughing. "So what exactly is the problem here?"

"Her Grandness, Duchess Iksae of Gramosia took a...a liking to me. And as anyone who has been to Gramos knows, it's illegal for regular folk to be..." He cringed. "Intimate with with royalty there. So there you go."