Do You Wanna Eat a Pancake?

"Singing Oah, I love you Gilbert! You're way too cool for me, but I don't mind!"(1)     
  Vivid melody surrounded the kitchen, with Ivan's sweet and tender singing. He turned off the stove, gazing at the calendar. Tomorrow will be his beloved Gilbert's birthday. He smiled to himself, and took off his apron.

  Meanwhile, his younger sister Natasha who was peeping behind the door finally broke the silence. "Big brother, what did you cook?" Walking into the kitchen, she saw a plate of pancakes placing on the kitchen island. "Did you make them for me?" Staring at her brother with hope and passion, she took a knife and a fork and started enjoying the cuisine.     

  Ivan was panic of her sister's sudden existence, but he tried to stay calm immediately and shuddered, "Do...do you like the taste?" "I can feel big brother's love to me! I'm so happy!" Just when Ivan thought Natasha may entangle him, asking home to marry her, Natasha ran off, and spread the great news of Ivan making delicious meal for her to her big sister instead. Ivan sighed with relief and took a bite of the last pancake, "I hope Natasha didn't lie." he thought to himself. Then, Ivan started cleaning up the kitchenware.     

  It all started when Ivan saw Gilbert practicing flute in the music room of their school. He was playing "Ave Maria" by Schubert, the beautiful melody made him feel serene and secure. Leaning on one of the windows, Ivan closed his eyes and appreciated the performance. When the last note was being played, he heard packing sound and a voice which made an obvious comparison from the music which was being played moments ago. "Kesesesese! The awesome me can made an awesome piece even more awesome! As awesome as Gilbird!" The yellow fluffy birdie chirped excitedly, as if he was responding to Gilbert's statement.     

  When Ivan noticed the quietness, he opened his eyes and turned to face the window. The music room was completely dim, and the silver haired boy was nowhere to be seen. Another day, Ivan passed by a classroom next to his classroom, there he spotted Gilbert chatting with Matthew, who was used to be invisible in class. As soon as Ivan got home after school, he decided to call Matthew for help. "Hey Matthew, I realize this is sudden, but could you tell me some facts about Gilbert?" Ivan learnt Gilbert's name from one of his classmates. "What do you mean?" asked Matthew. "Like the basic information of him or what he likes". "You need to know right now?" Ivan received an email from Matthew afterwards.    

  Gilbert's birthday has approached eventually, and Ivan was making pancakes early in the morning. He placed the pancakes into a vacuum lunch box, and poured some maple syrup on it. Through his observation last week, he knew approximately of when Gilbert will come back to school. He swiftly moved into Gilbert's classroom and placed the lunch box on the desk. Feliciano witnessed Ivan's action and asked, "Ivan, you're giving birthday present to Gil?" Ivan only shushed him and left the classroom.     

  Gilbert headed back to his seat and discovered a lunch box; he asked Feliciano who was sitting next to him, "Feli, who placed this here?" Feliciano blushed and replied, "He told me not to tell you." "Tell me Feli, or I'll ask West not to bring you to Spaghetti House tonight!" "No!!!" After that, Gilbert saw his best friends Francis and Antonio smirking in the corner.    Despite feeling suspicious, he took off the lid and found his favourite food. He smelled a smell that should not be existed in a pancake, the smell of vodka. However, Gilbert didn't throw these pancakes away but giving a try on it instead. "The awesome me have survived from Arthur's cooking! Why should I be afraid?" The taste was weird but doesn't taste bad at all.   

  Leaving the rest of the pancakes, he covered the lunch box then saw a letter under it. It was written by Ivan; besides blessing him "Happy birthday" and so, there was a rather strange sentence. "Let's start by being gay, and let this bromance never end." (2)Ivan asked Gilbert to meet him outside his classroom after school.   

  The last school bell finally rang and the students were all rushing off the classroom. Antonio and Francis stood beside Gilbert's desk and asked if he would like to celebrate his birthday together. They were quite shocked when Gilbert rejected them because this kind of respond is very unusual. Gilbert wandered to Ivan's classroom and Ivan was really waiting for him there.   

  To his sudden whim, Gilbert hit the lunch box against Ivan, "Yo! Dumb bear!" Ivan didn't burst in rage, but beamed a smile at him, the grin made Gilbert shiver down his spine. "Gilbert, you want it to be your last birthday, да?"(3) Gilbird escaped before anyone could notice, leaving Gilbert alone in the corridor, facing Ivan. "Seriously, do you know that adding vodka into pancakes is kind of crazy?" Ivan reversed into his usual childish facial expression and recalled his memory. He bought a box of pancake mix from the supermarket and asked Matthew to get him a bottle of traditional maple syrup last week.   

  Yesterday he was looking at the instruction on the back of the box, "A cup of pancake mix and 3/4 cup of вода...водка?" (4) Ivan fetched a bottle of Russian vodka and poured them into the measuring cup.   

  After listening to Ivan's confession, Gilbert was speechless and didn't know how to respond all of a sudden. Neither punching him nor blaming him would help breaking the awkwardness. "I'm sorry if this has ruined your birthday..."Was that really Ivan who was talking to him? Gilbert thought. Ivan continued his speech, "I just want to say I love you and I wish to be your lover. If you want to leave now, I won't stop you."    Everything has been extremely unexpected today, it was like God has granted him a birthday surprise, but in a sarcastic way. Confusion filled Gilbert's mind, he nodded and walked away. "Please give me time." What it is like to be loved by someone or to love someone? All these years, he had been taking care of his younger brother Ludwig, learning and playing with him; Ludwig loves him back and respects him wholeheartedly. But this is family love. Although Gilbert seemed to be a player and was always doing pranks with the Bad Touch Trio, he is constant to love, and has never dated anyone before.   

  Gilbert didn't get his chance to escape from the shady atmosphere, and Ivan grabbed his wrist on his way to the staircase. "Compromise? There's no such kind of service in Russia." Embracing Gilbert from behind, Ivan whispered to Gilbert, the warmth caressed Gilbert's ear lobe, making him shudder. "Let go!" yelled Gilbert. He tried not to offend Ivan and asked, "Release your grip please?"   

  Ivan really did release his grip, but he immediately pressed Gilbert against the wall, and engaged their lips together. Gilbert did struggle at first but then responded to the kiss passionately. Gilbert held his arms around Ivan's neck while Ivan was licking Gilbert's lips, asking for entrance. A string of saliva was connected between them after they broke the kiss. "You know we're at school, right?" stated Gilbert after gaining enough fresh air. "Right," answered Ivan" but you seemed to enjoy it." Gilbert's crimson eyes stared at Ivan's violet ones, "It's my awesome birthday today! I guess, I'll give you a chance." Ivan smiled, "I'll give you a chance to get away from me as well, but only today!"   

  They grinned at each other, and then left in an opposite direction.

~THE END~
-------
(1) Edited lyrics from Alexander Rybak's "Oah"    Original lyrics: "Singing oah, I love you Moa!You're way too young for me, but I don't mind!" PS. This artist is very talented! Go listen to his songs! http://youtu.be/RJuavtnscL8
(2) Same as above.    Original lyrics: "So let's start by being friends, and let this friendship never end." 
(3) "да" is "yes" in Russian
(4) In Russian, the spellings of water (вода) and vodka (водка) are very similar. PS. I saw a meme says vodka is Russian water. XD (Such stereotype)