Chapter 2 Why?

I wake up with a major head ache. I try to get up but there is a pair of arms around me. Then all the memories from yesterday come back. I look up and see Zane still peacefully sleeping. I slide out of his grip an go to the bathroom. I lock the door and look in the mirror and see mascara and eyeliner smudged all over my cheeks and my hair is a mess. I run my fingers through my hair frustrated. "Why would he do that to me?" I whispered to myself. I guess my friends were right. "Zoie? Are you in there?" I heard Zane say from the other side of the door. "Yea." I say realizing I was crying. I unlocked the door to be engulfed by a shirtless Zane and I sure liked it. WAIT WHAT DID I JUST SAY HE'S FRIEND I CAN'T LIKE HIM I DON'T LIKE HIM or do I? "Are you okay?" Zane asked looking down at me "yea I guess I'm just still in a little shock from yesterday." I say another tear rolling down my cheek. Zane wipes the tear away with his thumb an kisses my forehead. It wasn't unusual for him to do that. He has done it a million times mostly when I'm sad but it doesn't mean anything or does it? "Wanna make some breakfast?" Zane ask pulling away looking down at me. "Umm sure!" I say running down stairs grabbing everything we need to make pancakes. I start making the batter while Zane get the toppings and the stove heated up. I get an egg and crack it over Zane's head. He turns around with his mouth wide open and egg yoke all over him. I didn't notice that he grabbed the flour. Suddenly I'm covered in a white powdery substance. I giggle while I grab some flour and pour it all over him. Then I run over to the sink and grab a cup of cold water and dump that all over him to so it will be extra hard to get it off. He graves some whipped cream and puts a handful in my hair. I grab some ketchup and dump that all over him. He then tries to run towards me but slips on the water and falls to the ground laughing. "Dibs on the shower first!" I yell running up the stairs to the bathroom. I turn on the shower and jump in washing all the mess off of me. After I'm all clean I get out and get dressed in a sleeping with sirens hoodie, some grey skinnies, and grey converse. I run down stairs to see a messy Zane in a messy kitchen finishing up the pancakes. "Shower is free flour boy." I say taking over the pancakes. He runs up stairs leaving a white flour footprint behind. After I finish the pancakes I start to clean up the kitchen. And about half way through that Zane comes and I make him do the rest.
Time skip to later that day.
Right now me and Zane are walking to Starbucks to get some coffee and steal free wifi. When we walk on the place is practically empty besides the employees. "Yes all the wifi to our selfs!" Zane says while air fisting. We walk up to the counter to be greeted by a slutty worker who has had her eyes on Zane ever since we walked in the place. She better keep her hands off. Wait am I jealous? Why would I be jealous. I don't like Zane........or do I? "What can I do for you handsome boy?" The lady says bending over the counter to show all of her cleavage. "Uhh j-just a uh caramel latte uh p-leas?" Zane said stuttering on almost every word. Ugh he's practically drooling over her. "And for you?" She said referring to me in a snotty voice. "A mint chocolate latte please?" I say in the sweetest tone possible. They always say kill it with kindness. She turns around flipping her platinum blonde hair which the majority was probably fake walking into the little kitchen area thing. We walk to a table in the far left corner. We sit down and take out our phones logging in to the wifi. After about 5 minutes if waiting we hear Zane's name. I get up and grab the friends saying thank you and bringing them back to the table. I set Zane's drink in front of him and I sit down. Someone else walks into the Starbucks so I turn around to see. I see Skylar and Julie hand in hand walking in. I turn back around "Z-Zane?" I say shakily. "Yea?" He says looking up from his phone. I nod my head towards Skylar and Julie. "Ok enough is enough!" Zane sad getting out if his seat heading towards Skylar angrily. "OKAY ASSHOLE IM TIRED OF WAITING YOU ARD SUCH A FUCKING COWARD YOU MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE LEAVING ZOIE SHE IS SMART KIND BEAUTIFUL AND SO MANY MORE OTHER THINGS YOU NEVER DESERVED HER EVER!" Zane yells getting in Skylars face. Skylar raises his fist and punches Zane in the face. Zane punches skylar in the jaw and then the balls. Skylar clenched his area as we walked out. "Zane are you ok?" I ask running up to him. I see blood trickling down from is lip and a bruise forming under his left eye. "Oh my god Zane we have to get you home and clean you up." I say grabing his wrist walking at a faster speed. Once we get home I pull him into the bathroom and he sits in the counter. I take out everything I needed and cleaned up his lip. "You go lay down and I'll make you an ice pack." I told him to do walking out of the bathroom. I go downstairs into the kitchen and make an ice pack. Once I get to his room he is laying on bed with his eyes closed. I gently go over there and place the ice pack on his eye. I cover him up and was about to leave until I heard "wait Zoie can you umm stay with me?" He asked shyly. I nodded and climbed in bed with Zane and we both fell into a peaceful sleep.