Prolouge

"Please... I have a family." The man in chains said. The room was booming from the music coming from the ball room. It was Mardi Gras and everybody was partying, oblivious to what was going on down the hall.

"Well you should've thought of that before you betrayed me." said his captor

"I- I'm sorry. I was desperate." said the man in chains.

"Yeah," agreed the captor, "Desperate for money. We were supposed to be partners, but then you go and betray me. For that, you must be punished."

That was the last thing the man in chains ever heard.

✳✳✳✳✳

*Ding Dong*

"Mommy, there's a package at the door!" Said the 6-year-old girl.

"Well then go get it." Said her mother from the couch.

The girl opened the door and saw a box with a bow at the top. Excited, the girl untied the bow and opened the box. When she saw what was inside the box, she let out a blood-curdling scream.

For what was inside was her father's head.

♦♦♦♦♦

Well here's the prologue for Mardi Gras! I hope you all like it and will keep reading. I will be posting every other day until chapter 3 and then I will only post once a week, so I can have time to write. I would like to thank trebleclef18, without her, this book wouldn't have been able to reach its full potential. And I wouldn't have a very good blurb. I would love to hear some feedback!

-Les