Chapter 6

"Over hear, quick!" A faun yelled.

"Hurry!" Came a shout from across the room.

Aslan's How looked like a mess: injured Narnians and humans laid all over the ground, healers rushed from sides to sides of the small space, there were groans and yelps filling the air. Caspian walked over the laying people and saw the sickening sight of blood and terrible wounds. He regretted that they didn't prepare enough for the sudden attack, which led to a huge loss in the kingdom. Now, once again, they had to take refuge in Aslan's How and waited for the time to come.

"Your Majesty." A fairy floated up to him "The meeting is ready to start."

He nodded thankfully to her for her information and hurried to a chamber in the How. Well, not exactly a chamber, it was where the Stone Table was placed. Around the broken table full of tales, sat a group of ten men, some were old with white hair and long beards, some were still young but older than Caspian. They stood up and bowed politely to their King.

"For the past week we've had countless meetings, and we still haven't reach our decision on what to do next, Sire." One of them started as soon as they sat down "We need to get this done as soon as possible."

"At peace, Leon, I know how you feel." Caspian said "But this is the situation where we must not rush to the conclusion. It's dangerous and I know you understand it too."

"Then, what is your plan?"

"We will have to wait for the Kings and Queens of old to come and help." He said, carefully watched the expressions on his council's faces "I can't give out an order without the agreement of High King Peter. Our fairy, Faye, had brought news to us that they are already here, we just have to hang on for a while."

"But for how long, Sire, when our people have suffered too much from wars, when the enemies have bigger advantages in this fight?" Leon asked "We cannot wait for any longer, My King."

"Remember this, Leon, years ago, the Telmarines had bigger advantages in the war than the Narnians, but thanks to waiting, the Kings and Queens of old came back and led them to victory and freedom." An older man said.

"Things never happen twice, Thalin." Another man said.

An argument erupted between the councilmen, between the ones supported their King and the ones refused to agree. They were so deep in their row that they didn't notice the enraged king standing next to the table.

"Enough!" He slammed his fist against the hard surface of the Stone Table, silencing the arguing men "Arguing doesn't fix the problem, and if you wish to help the dying and suffering people out there, you all need to get your minds together and work! My decisions are clear, we will wait for High King Peter and his companions."

"But Your Majesty..."

"This meeting is over." Caspian turned on his heels and walked out of the room.

But before he left, a question stopped him.

"What about Her Majesty, My King?" Thalin asked "We cannot take care of her for longer if she does not wake up soon."

Without looking back, Caspian said with a shaky voice.

"She will wake up when King Peter comes. Until then, we take care and protect her from any harm."

Then, he left. As soon as he met the chaotic scene outside the Stone Table's room again, a scouting group walked in from the gate. The leader nodded at his mates, reached his King and bowed.

"What is it, Charles?" Caspian asked.

"There is group of people reaching the How, Sire. We didn't catch any glimpse of their faces, but we're afraid that they mean no good." Charles said.

Caspian was, too, afraid that the savages were to attack again. He told the archers and a group of soldiers to get ready to defend when needed, and went to the outlook with the archers for a better look.

Then, just as they were waiting, the group of people emerged from the woods. A group of five men, a woman and a black bear sped towards Aslan's How. The archers stretched their bows, readied to release their arrows at their picked target. The man in front waved and shouted at them. He was far away, but Caspian could registered what he said. Stop!

"Hold your fire." Caspian told the archers "It's the Kings and Queens, and their company!"

But their happiness was short, for emerged from the woods not long after the company was  a much larger group of savages, trying to reach and catch the royal people. Enraged and afraid, Caspian unsheathed his sword.

"Aim at the savages." He said and pat the man next to him on the shoulder "You give the orders up here, Phillip."

Then, he sped down to his group of soldiers waiting behind the gate of Aslan's How. They looked at him, expecting an order.

"The Kings and Queens are here." He said "Do whatever it costs to escort their company into the How safely and fight off the enemies."

"Yes, Sire." They bowed and ran out of the How.

They marched towards Peter, Edmund, Lucy, Eustace and their friends, then they split up into two groups. One group, with Charles leading them, formed a protective circle around the High King and his friends, running with them back to the How. Meanwhile, the other group, led by Caspian, marched at the enemies with battle cries and accompanied by the bombardment of arrows. Under the orders of Phillip on the outlook, arrows pierced through the enemies torsos with high speed. Caspian's men swung their swords at them, reducing the number of savages on the field at the moment.

Charles group had brought the company to their refuge safely, and soon after slaughtering the savages, Caspian and his soldiers came in with the loss of two trusted and faithful men. But happiness immediately washed through their faces at the sight of the three rulers in Narnian history in front of them. The soldiers kneeled down, and Caspian and Peter gave a friendly, manly hug with pats on the back and shoulders.

"Welcome back, My King." Caspian said smiling "Edmund and Lucy, good to see you again."

"It's good to be back." Peter said.

"Yeah. We're glad we are back."

"But not that glad when we were hunted by the crazy savages." Eustace chimed in.

"Long time no see, Eustace." Caspian chuckled "Reepicheep would be happy to see you again."

"Oh no." The young boy groaned, to others' amusement.

Ash and Rogue bowed politely to Caspian and introduced themselves. Caspian also didn't forget to thank them and Gwindir for helping his friends throughout the journey to safety. Then, as he looked at his friends, he realized something.

"Where's Susan?" He asked.

The three Pevensies looked at each other sadly.

"She won't be back anymore." Edmund said "She stops believing in Narnia."

Hurt flashed pass his eyes, but he soon covered it with a sad smile. And it was Peter's turn to have something dawned on him.

"Where's Sara? I have to see her."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~