Reflections in the Ice

Author's Note: Yay! I bring you a one-shot that was a request! It's KaienxRukiaxIchigo ^^ This one won't be first-person POV like my usual ones ^^ I'm trying something new so bear with me! Also, I'm not using the exact lines from Rukia and Aaronierro's fight. (Is that how you spell it?? O-O) Anyways, let's see how this turns out, shall we?

Rukia's mind faded as she fell to the ice-covered corridor. With the fake Kaien-dono defeated, she was alone and wounded terribly. She only had the strength to lift up her broken Zanpakuto , when she suddenly saw a reflection in the ice.

Sitting in the mist was her close friend Ichigo, clear as day. However, his reflection in the ice before her was clearly of the Kaien-dono in her past. The one who she admired so much and looked up to.

Two men she held so dear to her. Two men so alike, so brave, that she had always found it funny. Two men....

That she held so close to her heart.

Rukia hesitantly raised her hand to the outstreched palm of Ichigo and Kaien. But, as she grasped it, the reflection disappeared. She knew that meant that her life was ending. She hadn't even gotten to reveal her feeling for the two, she had to live. Rukia had to live, maybe it's too late for Kaien, but she must be alive to see Ichigo once again.

That's right, before she left on her own, the group had promised to meet again, alive, no matter what. Renji, Orihime, Sado, Uryu, Nii-sama, Ukitake-taichou, and Ichigo. They were all counting on her to finish this fight alive.

She got up, her legs wobbly, and attemped to take a step before falling back into the ice once more. Damn...Ichigo, Kaien-Dono.....I'm sorry...

"Rukia?" A voice sounded from in front of her. Rukia looked up slowly, her vision shaky, to see the orange-haired Soul Reaper before her. Rukia smiled softly, another illusion, she thought.

"Ichigo...." She whispered. "I'm sorry, for all I've done to you." Her bloody lips moved slowly to form words.

"Rukia..." Ichigo whispered. "What the hell.....are you saying?"

She laughed a shaky laugh. "I should at least inform you before I die." Rukia did her best to smile. "I love you, Ichigo. I bid you farewell..."

"Rukia!" Ichigo shouted, catching her now limp body. I couldn't stop the tears that fell, he had secretly thought that way about Rukia too. Hearing her say that.....Ichigo was so happy.

But, how? How was he to heal her? Ichigo was no master at kido, he could barely control his spiritual pressure most times.

"If I don't do anything Rukia will...." Ichigo whispered, shaking his head.

"The truth his words won't dare admit,

His sunken eyes are hid behind a darken lens

Broken doors and thoughtless words," 

I hope you enjoyed it!

VOTE

COMMENT

PLEASE

~Kira <3