Chap.12-0nLyWR0nG!F.C@UGhT.tar

"Control" by Halsey
____________________

By the time the day of meeting with FSociety arrived, Thalia wasn't feeling so great. It had nothing to do with her head wound courtesy of Fernando, it was just life in general getting her down.  

Thalia felt certain the hoodlum that was across the street was part of Vera's gang. The man sat on the stoop fiddling with an iPod til up to three in the morning before another man would come to replace him.
Thalia felt the guys were watching to see if she came and went with anyone out of her building. It was as if to test how easy it would be to reach her. So, Thalia outsmarted the young men. She exited through the back, usually dressed in different wigs and attire. Then she wouldn't enter her building without walking in with someone. Let it be the gay couple that walked their dog every day from exactly five to five forty-five, or the married couple with three children. She didn't walk in alone to give the impression she lived alone. She did, but the drug pushing hoodlums watching her on the stoop across the street didn't need to know that.

That wasn't what actually had Thalia anxious. Always watching  your surroundings was something she had to learn long ago. Eventually she would  most likely have to move to get out of Vera's radar, but that wasn't too big of a deal.
What worried her was realizing she hadn't heard from Raven-Hood on any cases they wanted solved. Thefts? She had no reports that Raven-Hood wanted one accomplished. Someone spied on? She received no reports of anything of the sort. As far as Chloe knew when Thalia spoke to her, there wasn't any hits they wanted her apart of either.

It worried Thalia.
Raven-Hood spent quite a bit of time training her for certain missions. They did so for everyone. The amount of time and effort spent into creating the perfect silent minions  was frightening.
If a secret agency that spent money and time on you for  years  suddenly broke contact, that most definitely could not be good.
Thalia knew this. It was what caused her to pick up her newest to-go phone to call someone who would know inside details of the organization.

"You know this line isn't for social calls."  A familiar voice drawls as he answers.

"Am I expendable?" Thalia asked CrossWire, inwardly trying to figure out what to wear tonight to a meeting with computer hackers who are blackmailing her. Should she wear something innocent, or something that left a statement saying I'm not afraid to kick you to the face?
Thalia chose the latter with an assemble of black jeans, high-heeled stilettos, a frilly forest green tank top and a black leather jacket to complete the look. Sometimes, sexy and scary went hand in hand.

"Why are you asking?" Nolan questions, slight alarm in his voice.

"I was given the okay on my project, but I haven't heard from anyone about future projects." Thalia answers, beginning to pace the area of her small apartment. Why the hell would she have been given the okay to hunt her target Tyrell Wellick, but not given any other orders while she was in the city? This was the big apple. There was no way in hell there wasn't a crime Raven-Hood wanted completed or solved.

A small laugh comes from Nolan. "Are you complaining because you're currently out of work? Because there are worst things to happen-"

"-Since when does Raven break off any and all forms of communication? No one's saying a damn thing, and that's really worrying me." Thalia interrupts, not being able to cloak her fear. Were those men across the street not one of Vera's but of someone from Raven? That was scarier to think about.