Z E R O

F E A R
[
feer]
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc.,whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

Fear wasn't an emotion that Ren felt often. Brought up surrounded by smugglers, thieves and people who were no good, the young girl had learnt to be strong the moment that she followed her mother and brother into a cantina filled to the brim with criminals.

Up until the age of twenty the young woman could count on one hand how many times she was actually scared. The first time the Empire's stormtroopers boarded The Millennium Falcon and it was just her and Chewbacca. The first time she had a run in with Jabba the Hutt and all of his bounty hunters, making the young girl watch as her older brother was beaten for a lack of payment. And the time she watched as her mother protected both Ren and Han, which lead to her untimely death. 

That was until she met Luke Skywalker. There was something about the farm boy's innocence that made Ren look at him in a different way than what Han did. Han just saw him as an object to get money but Ren could tell that there was something special about the kid. 

When she found herself caring for his wellbeing more than what she should, Ren got scared for the fourth time in her life. And this time; it didn't pass.