Luke I am your father... So do you want pizza?

The raven haired boy did his best to appear uninterested and monotone, but on the inside, a dam of emotional stability utterly shattered. He was comparing and contrasting traits that appeared to be similar between him and this Hades fellow. 'Is he the reason why my nose is so straight?' Nico subconsciously touched his nose and quietly stood by as Bianca smiled at her father and stepped forward, shaking his hand,"Hello, papa, it is a great pleasure to finally meet you."

Hades smiled at her with pure genuineness and then she stepped back and nudged Nico to say something,"Oh! I am Nicholas and I see we have the same nose!" Then he internally threw himself off a cliff and blushed from his cheeks to the tip of his ears, feeling stupid and humiliated for saying the first thing that had popped up in his head. Hades frowned upon his son, already determining Bianca the better of the siblings and wondering how Maria did a bad job raising a child. Especially Nico who was supposed to be the pride and joy of Hades. "Yes, I believe that is true. Good observation, Nicholas.."

The room fell into a depressing, suffocating silence shortly after that, for about twenty one seconds when a male, older than Nico and Bianca yet far younger than Hades strolled in, filling their ears with a deep, enchanting chuckle. He was absolutely divine, with a broad, lean figure and dark hair slicked back, eyes that had black irises and skin as white as snow. Beautiful, in a deathly and unnatural way. "The first time ever meeting your dad and that is what you say to him?" He walked directly towards Nico and ruffled his hair,"I like you kid, you seem dumb but no doubt you hold a lot of potential. I'm Thanatos by the way, your new big brother."

Nico's hand shot to fix his hair, somewhat throwing Thanatos a mean look, then sighed, realizing all eyes were on him waiting for his reaction. "Nice meeting you, Thanatos. I am very pleased to say that I have three wonderful siblings." Saying that was easy, it was just like imagining what Bianca would say and mechanically forcing the words to go up his throat and out of his mouth. Thanatos narrowed his eyes at him, suspecting him to be a fraud but decided to not judge his new step-brother so early in their budding relationship. Shortly, Hazel skipped in and gave everyone a smile the brightness and size of the sun. "Hi, Daddy, Momma, Thany, Bia, and Nickey!" She giggled,"It makes me happy that now I have to take longer when saying hi to my family members. So what are we having for dinner?"

Hades grinned at his little girl, and pride shone so luminously in his eyes, you would have to be blind not to notice it and maybe not even then. "What would you like, my little princess?" Her father asked her, using a gentle and sweet tone. She thought about it for a minute, letting her golden eyes to wander to the ceiling where the sliver and black pans hung. Then Hazel's attention snapped and she exclaimed,"Could we get peetsa!?" Thanatos stomach rumbled, causing everyone in the room to laugh, including a red Thanatos,"The stomach and princess have spoken. Pizza it is." Hades announced and stood from his chair, pulling a very nice IPhone from his pocket and dialing Dominos number,"What do you want?" He first asked his wife, Persephone. She pressed her lips into a straight line, remembering all the fats and carbs in one tiny slice of pizza. "Olives and mushrooms, and green peppers, please dear." He nodded and gave her a loving smile,"Anything for you, my queen. And you Thany?" 

"Ugh-Dad don't call me that," He groaned,"It's undignified."

"So is Eros the only one allowed to call you that? I see no respect for your father, that's okay." Hades replied,"Just give me your order kid."

Hazel waved an arm,"I call him that too! Cupid lets me!" Bianca and Nico were both utterly perplexed, looking at each person in the room in high hopes that someone would give them an answer. Luckily, Persephone took note and stepped in,"Eros is Thanatos's er-partner. Boyfriend, how ever you would like to call it. He is a very sweet and compassionate young man." 

"Great at kissing, too." Thanatos said under his breath, so low that no one caught it except Nico who stood next to him. Poor Neeks nearly choked on his own breath. Thanatos? The dude who looked like a super model and bad ass supreme dating a guy? But who was Nico to judge, he had a things for guys as well... Especially guys with dark hair, and light, distinct eyes...

"Can we invite him over for diner?" Thanatos's black eyes glimmered, his expression brightening by the second. "Yeah, can we??" Little Hazel interceded. "I always enjoy Eros's visits." Persephone added, and Hades had no choice, since it was three to... Well no one was opposing Cupid coming over, so three to zero. He shrugged,"Did you even have to ask? He's welcome anytime except at night because I have to sleep and I like my sleep not interrupted by loud, dying noises underneath my flo-"

"Dad-please. I get it." His face was red before, but now it was pure red, bursting with heat and embarrassment. "I'm going to call him, be back in a minute." Thanatos sped out of the room, his phone in his hand and fingers already poking at the screen.

"Wait- what flavor do you-" He groaned and threw a hand in the air,"Kids these days. One mention of their partner and they forget about everything. I'll just get him pepperoni." Hades grumbled and turned his attention to Hazel, Bianca, and Nico. "What do you want, princess?"

"Can I get cheese peetsa? With extra cheese?" 

"Sure thing, kiddo." He looked at Bianca. "Would you like anything, Bia?" 

"Cheese pizza would be nice, thank you father." He nodded,"You both are very thin, more food needs to go in that stomach." Nico was tempted to retort back,'What we needed was a father who cared for us and was there, not more food you big headed twat.' But Hades seemed like he was trying to be nice so he kept the negative comment to himself. "What about you, Nico?" 

"Pepperoni would be great." He shrugged and nervously fidgeted with his fingers, feeling the urge to rip off his tux and put on some cloths with actual comfort and a soft texture. Bianca seemed like she was done with the dress as well. But they were wearing this fancy material to impress their father after all. He seemed slightly approving of their attire and their effort, but had expected so much more from Maria who was an incredibly wonderful and hardworking woman. She was true to herself and to all around him, and Hades could still feel the remorse building in his body, from the week he had visited Venice on a business trip... Meeting with a large business owner to negotiate over a small portion of Hades' company. 

Marcos di Angelo was a tough nut, impossible to please but once you were on his good side, as Hades had easily become, he treated you closer than family. He and Hades spent more time enjoying life, drinking sweet wines, and watching the countryside rather than actually discussing terms of agreement. And on the first night when Marcos had invited Hades with a fatherly smile and a slap on the back into his home, he had graciously accepted his offer, and laid eyes on the most beautiful maiden ever. Brown enticing eyes, shy, and skin with no blemish. He knew he had to have the girl, no matter what. His trip had extended from a week to months, and after three months of his time in Italy, he had Maria di Angelo in love with him. Nine months later, Bianca had been born, their first child and Hades, what could he be but glowing with pride? Yet his responsibilities had beckoned him to return home, to return to New York...

Suddenly, he regretted leaving Bianca and Maria like that. What he hadn't realized was that Maria hadn't married Hades, her family disowned her and left her for dead on the streets. What he hadn't realized was that there was this consuming pit in Nico's mind that sucked every positive thought and ate with ease his self-esteem away, how badly he had needed a father and someone of the same gender to tell him he was worth something, anything, how one day he would be someone. What he hadn't realized was at nights, Bianca wondered if her father and mama had been so happy as she had been told, why did her father leave them? Why was it her mama cried herself to sleep but whenever Bianca had attempted to crawl into bed with her and ask why she was sad and crying, Maria would laugh and tell her she was okay, veiling Bianca with lies and a smile in her face desperately trying to be strong for little girl. Then Maria would tell her stories and would paint pretty pictures of her father, how her childhood was like and what she was like when she was as old as Bia. Anything to distract the four year old from her sadness.

Hades had returned for three days, and Maria had been overjoyed. She was glad that Bianca would finally get to meet her father and from those three days in Venice, Nicholas was the result. But Hades never really realized these things. He never knew his absence scarred these three people so much.