Chapter 2

Standing by the entrance of the living room taking in my surroundings, I notice how everything seems normal in here, as if I were standing in a regular house with electricity and running water, strange. Fidgeting around with my thumbs I stand awkwardly, my head snapping up when I heard Alex's voice "Nancy! Why don't you come take a seat, don't just stand there".

Slowly making my way to where Alex was sitting at, I took a seat beside him and Sarah who welcomed me with a huge smile.

"Nancy guess what?" Alex asks while chuckling, this guy was always happy I swear.

"What Alex?" I asked, mocking him, adding a small chuckle of my own at the end.

"You my friend, are going to be sharing a room with Sarah" and just as soon as these words left Alex's lips Sarah jumped up from her spot doing a little happy dance.

"Oh my god! Yay! Finally I get a roommate! That room is scary as heck!" Sarah cheers as she jumps up and down making this happy dance, just like a 5 year old who got told they were having candy. All of us laughed at her childish behavior but she just laughed along with us.

After the little laughter fit everyone had gotten in different conversations leaving my sitting on the couch awkwardly fiddling around with my thumbs while bouncing my feet. Looking around for something to do, I remember I had my phone and earphones in my pocket so carefully taking them out of my pocket making sure I didn't elbow Alex in the process, I plug them in and jam out to my music with all sorts of thoughts flooding my mind. This was confusing, what had exactly happened to us? Is there going to be any other person who will come here as well?

"Nancy!" someone yelled out at me, causing me to jump a little, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh um yeah?" I stutter awkwardly, taking my earphones out and turning my attention to Robert who laughed at my reaction, causing me to glare at him
playfully.

"I asked, where abouts are you from" Robert chuckled with everyone else, causing my cheeks to heat up and go as bright as a tomato.

"Oh, well, I live in Australia" I trailed off "What about you guys?".

"We live in Miami" Zach spoke up bluntly for the first time, this guy always has a straight face from what I've seen so far.

"If you guys live on one side of the world, and I live on the other, then how on earth are we here together right now? This just doesn't make any sense!" I asked, stunned, yet curious at the same time.

"I have no idea, this truly makes no sense" Alex added while the others just nodded, confusion evident on all of their faces, except Zach, he had a blank expression.

"What was the number of the bus you had gotten in?" I asked, an idea striking my mind, this was gonna be fun!

"Um, I think it was 374C" Sarah jumped in, but she was confused at my sudden question.

"And mine was 377E" I said, but everyone just stared at me, confusion taking over their features.

"And how exactly is that going to help, idiot?" Austin butted in, an annoyed expression playing on his face, slouching into the cough even more than he already was.

"You see, maybe this is a riddle we have to solve using the numbers and letters we get, jerk" I replied back bluntly, but I had a smirk on my face when he sat up, I think I hit a nerve there with 'jerk'.

"Hmm, when you think of it this way, maybe more people will come, all with different numbers and letters, maybe this is a riddle, I'm defiantly on Nancy's side" Sarah stated, but everyone in the room looked at us two like we were idiots, making Austin roll his eyes