Chapter 19

*Briana's pov*

When the Sun went down, me and Sammy just enjoyed our time. Walking around in the beach. I decided it was a good time to ask. "Babe can I ask you something?" I say to him. "Of course." He says looking at me. We both stop walking and I hold his hands, and stare him in the eyes.

"What happened to your arm?" I asked. He got nervous and said "A dog scratched me." He said quickly. I know he's lying. "Sammy baby please tell me." I plead. He sighs "I cut Bri, ever since you left, I was a mess, I missed you so much and it hurt me." He said. A tear falls from his eyes. I wipe it away.

"We were both hurt Sam, but here we are, still together. I don't think I could ever let you go ever." I say. He grabs my waist and presses his lips on mine. I grab his neck to pull him closer. He lets go to breathe. "I love you." He says. "I love you too Sam." I reply. We walk away in silence admiring the night sky.

When a guy ran up to us and pointed a gun at us. "Give me your bag!" He yells. I stand in fear. "Stop!" I yell. "Give me your bag or your dead." He points the gun at me. I hand him the bag slowly and he snatches it. Sammy stands in anger. He runs and Sammy chases after him. The guy doesn't know who he's messing with.

Sammy tackles him and the guy struggles. I cover my eyes, scared of what happened. A shot is fired. Tears stream down my face while I see who is hurt or died. I open my fingers to see Sammy and the guy on the floor. "Sammy!" I scream. I run over to him and take my jacket off to stop the bleeding. I call 911 and they answer quickly.

I tell them everything. The guy and Sammy unconscious. "Baby stay with me." I cry. They come five minutes later. "Ma'am take your car and meet us there we will do everything to help him." The paramedic says. I nod slowly. I grab my bag that the guy had by his side. Him getting help too and probably getting arrested after.

I go to my car and follow the ambulance to the hospital. I see blood still come out of Sammy's shoulder once we get in the hospital. I sit in the chair and call everyone down. They all sounded worried. I just cried into my hands hoping he was ok. The boys and Madison came down. "Bri what's wrong?" Johnson asks. "Sammy got shot." I said whispering. "What?" He asks. "SHOT he got shot J!" I shout. "Bri, I'm sorry." Jack says and sits next to me. I cry into his shoulder.

"What if something bad happens." I cry. Nate shakes his head "You gotta have faith B." Nate says. Even though tears were running down their faces. They managed to stay strong, stronger than me. The doctor comes out.
"Samuel Wilkinson." He calls. We stand up. "Ok, good news, Samuel is not hurt really bad, but he is in a coma since we saw that the guy punched Sammy hard in the head." He says. I cry. "He's gonna die?" I ask lightly. "It's a good chance, I'm sorry." He says.

Jack wraps me in his arms. I cry in his chest. "He has to wake up." I scream. I fall to the floor. I bang my head on the cushion of the chair. "Stop B." Johnson says. He pulls me up and wraps me in his arms. "J, I don't know what to do." I say. "Stay strong, I know Sammy wants you to be strong and not to worry about a thing." He tries to comfort me.
•••••

The hardest thing is to watch him slowly dying day by day. He hasn't woken up since. Doctors are saying he will be taken off of life support tomorrow. I try my hardest to make him come back. It feels as if he isn't trying. I love you is the last words I may hear from him.

He did grab my bag which I didn't need and he is in a coma for it. It's so stupid how just because of a bag that guy just punched Sammy and tried killing us. It would be hard to say to people. "Sammy died because of a bag" I chuckle to myself. It was so perfect and the night got ruined by a little thing.

I visited him everyday. Holding his hand. Kissing his lips that won't return back the kiss. Hugging him. I try to make myself feel better. I'm trying Sammy. You gotta come back. Tomorrow I'm gonna visit him and hopefully he wakes up.

Everyone questions us at school. I just give them a fake smile and say that he's ok and he's really sick. It's kind of the truth. Johnson and Jack and the rest have been supporting me through it and helping me. It's really hard. To know that I won't ever see him smile at me or talk. Hear his laugh. I can't move on without him.

••••
I make my way to the hospital. He has 5 hours. It's enough time to say goodbye. Tears threaten to fall. I wipe my eyes. I go inside the hospital when I arrive and go to his room. Everyone knows who am I so I don't have to ask. I walk in and see him. They cleaned his head up. Wires plugged all over. Tears fall down. I go by his death bed.

"Babe you gotta wake up, please." I cry. I grab his hand and cry into his chest. "Ms. Gilinsky, we're gonna have to pull the cords in 5 hours." The doctor tells me. I nod my head. The rest of the time the boys come and say goodbye. Tears falling down. But then I hear a voice. Something I thought I would never hear before. It tries to choke out words. I turn to Sammy. He's not talking at all.

It was in my head. I cry into Jack's shoulder. He hugs me back. It's been 5 hours. "I'm sorry guys." They say. We all just nod and cry into each others shoulder. I walk out once I see them about to pull them out. "BRIANA!" I hear a shout. I turn around. Sammy's eyes were opened. "Sammy!" I yelled. I ran into the room and ran to his bed. "Your awake." I cry. He pulls me into a hug.

"I can't leave you." He whispers. He kisses my head and I cry in his chest. Everyone watching us. "I'll let you guys have some time together." The doctor smiles and leaves. The guys come towards the bed and wipe their tears. "Bro, your back." Nate says. Sammy nods. "I could never let go easily." He replies. We all hug him together.

I'm so glad he's ok. I wouldn't of ever lived on without him. Everyone leaves after talking and Sammy and I talk. "My poor babygirl." Sammy says. Tears fall down his face. "Don't cry, it's ok Sam." I say. He pulls me on the bed. He wraps me in his embrace while he cries in my shoulder. I run my hand through his hair. Untangling it. He cries more in my chest while I try to make him feel better. I kiss his head. I hear him stop crying.

"You ok?" I asked him. He nods his head. "I have a lot of emotions running." He laughs. I kiss him on the lips. "We're ok, and it's all that matters." I say. We link our fingers together and fall asleep on the hospital bed.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ok so new update, the problem went by fast because I didn't know what else to write and I wanted to have a long chapter so I hope you enjoyed this little drama filled chapter and I hope you have a nice week. (Also I never said this but I do not promote self harm or anything, it's to make the book better, but if you have any problems with self harm then talk to me because I have been through self harm.) PEACE 😘😊