o n e

It wasn't all so bad.
I knew what I was doing...I wasn't sure if I was as helpful as I hoped I could be, but I did my job anyways.
I mean it was pretty simple, I just reconnected wires and......well, that's about all I did. Radar Technician my ass.. I don't even think that's a real position here.

Despite that I knew a lot more than people gave me credit for, I just got stuck with a dead end job.
I would request a higher position, but I don't think I withhold the confidence. The people here are more than immensely intimidating and I'm sure they could kill me with a snap of their fingers.

"Wait, who's that? I've never seen her before."
"I'm not sure.. She's probably not important," I hear two storm troopers whisper to each other as they pass by me in the hall.

I roll my eyes, "Probably not important...well my parents weren't the ones who gave me up to the first order now we're they?" I hiss quietly as I reach for my fuser. True I was quiet and stayed out of everyone and everything's way, but that didn't stop my sarcastic personality from blossoming.

I begin to reconnect the red wires, that I had separated earlier, with the flame from my fuser.
When the wires were secure I tuck them back into the hole in the wall and grab the prior panel, placing it back over the opening.
This wasn't exactly the life style I wanted. I would much rather be a ruthless leader that strikes fear into the hearts of anyone with just the mention of my name. Except no one here even knows my name.

I keep one hand on the panel so it won't fall, and reach for the 4 screws scattered on the floor and place them in the holes at the corners.
I then go to reach for my screwdriver but a storm trooper that was walking down the hall kicks it away from me he snickers and continues on his path.

"How many times would I have to flush to get rid of you," I scoff under my breath and run a hand through my hair.

Letting out a long sigh I stand and let go of the panel, having it fall from its place. I walk over and snatch up my screwdriver with a growl, and walk back to my spot.
Crouching down again I repeat the process. Yet this time I'm able to grab my screwdriver with out any pompous pricks interrupting me.
I was lucky not be be stolen from my family, not be conditioned like these emotionless storm troopers.
But I had chosen the dark side on my own.
They are controlled by the anger that swells and courses thorough their veins, and I had more than enough to go around. The light side just never....fit with me no matter how much they tried to squeeze me into their little box of modesty and righteousness.
There was always something so interesting, something so secretive and mysterious about the dark side that had such a strong affect on me. And now I was finally here, well.....in a sense.

When Starkiller base was destroyed I was just beginning in my duties and not many technicians were able to escape onto the Finalizer, it's honestly a miracle I'm even here but it gives good explanation for my low ranking.

"Finally," I mumble as I have the panel secure. With a deep breath I begin to gather all my tools.

Now I just have to tell my boss I'm done.
Ughhhhhhh.
I mentally moan and begin making my way towards her office.
The Finalizer was divided into sections, and each "section" had a boss per-say.
Since I'm a technician I live in an area with all the other technicians and our boss.

Well, she was like our sub-boss. Our real boss was Commander Kylo Ren. But he wasn't exactly ordering us technicians around.
Pretty much everyone here has seen him except me. I've only overheard rumors about his threatening appearance.
Things like how's he's intimidatingly tall and how he sends off a dark aura and has a short temper.
Even thought I admire the man, just the though of him sends shivers down my spine.

I'm almost glad I haven't met him, let alone seen him. I mean, I'm afraid of my regular boss, I'd probably faint from fear of I ever ran into him. If anything I tried to avoid him. Well..more like avoid the places where he usually would be found.

"Ma'm?" I ask knocking on my boss' door.
"Yes? Come in," she replies in a harsh tone.
I quickly open the door, hoping to get this over with as soon as possible.
"I finished rewiring the- ah- the calcinatior," I stutter, keeping a firm hold on my tool box, Trying to prevent it from slipping out of my grasp.

"Huh? Oh yes, well done ah...what's your name again?" She replies, barely acknowledge my presence and not tearing eyes away from her monitor.

"Y/n, miss."

"Right, that's all we need you for today so your free," she bluntly states and waves me off.

"That's it? It's early in the day ma'm," I pry.
There was so much more I could help with. I didn't need to be treated like a child.

"Yes, that's it. We have more experienced people handling the big things," my boss tells me with a tone of superiority and an arrogant chuckle.
I swear to god if I wanted to commit suicide I'd climb up your ego and jump. Are you commander of the first order? Is your name Kylo Ren? Well you seem to think so! Your job is to watch over us technicians, not to control the galaxy, bitch.

"Alright, thank you ma'm.."
I mumble politely and begin to walk out.

"Your doing good! I'll make sure Captain Phasma hears about this!" She tells me as I walk out the door.

I wonder if her ass gets jealous of all the crap that comes out of her mouth.

I scoff and begin making my way to my room. In all honesty I'd hope no superior figures know of me, I don't think I could handle the pressures of being under a microscope 24/7.

I make it to my room and flop on my bed. The thought comes to my mind of when I was first recruited and I got lost almost every second of every day. A slight snicker escapes my lungs as I think about how naive I was when I first joined the First Order. I'm still scared to talk to the people here but not as much as I was when I first arrived. I almost lost my lunch once when someone asked me if I was lost.

I stare at the black ceiling of my room. Well the whole room was black and grey, from the floors to the furniture. It tends to be quite depressing. I turn and lay on my side looking at the wall.
This is a sucky life..
Most days were like this. Help with one little thing and then be excused for the rest of the day. I could do so much more, I knew I could, I'm just to afraid to ask for my chance, let alone would they give it to me I'm sure.

As a little kid I hoped, and prayed that the force would be found within me but nothing came to my advantage. But all I did these days was read about it. I only had one book and it was about the mysterious energy widely know as the force.
I've lost count of how many times I've read this little book.
Laying on my back I open up the book and hold it above my head, turning to my marked page I begin reading.

The mysterious energy called the force is supposedly what balances the bond between good and evil. The legend of the Jedi has been the bed time story for children across the galaxy. But is this legend more than a just a fairytale...

K Y L O

"There is strong force here, I can sense it..." The supreme leader tells me.
I feel a chill surge through me and I realize that force is here, and very strong, just as he had said.
"Find its origin, bring it to me, it's strength will be useful," His voice vibrates through large room, "Much anger is contained in it, it is vital that all the rage is put to use immediately."

"Yes master," I respond. Much Anger? It has to be someone who stands out. Someone who is fearless. Or maybe the exact opposite?

Sorry if this chapter is a little choppy, this is just the intro chapter so you know what the plot is... I hope you enjoy!