5

The next thing I know I'm getting a call from Ryan. I answer it with my generic greeting for him of why did he call.

"Where you two at?" Ryan asks with the background noise placing him at the beach. So it's still not night? Good. We have time.

"Well, no one won the bet." Was all I said before hanging up. I look at Hope, still sleeping on me, and smile kissing her head. "Get up beautiful. We're going to miss Lindsey Stirling. I have the tickets already."

She woke with a start trying to hurry to get ready. I laugh and tell her that was just to wake her up. She gets dressed and so do I before we head back to the beach. It's sunset when we get there and so much has happened. Yet there was one more thing that needed to happen that day. The reason for the trip, my proposal to Hope.

I was surprised about what she said before we went to the hotel. I hadn't been fair with the laundry. So, I'm going to make it up to her from now on. She will be the only one I think of. She's the sole inhabitant in my thoughts. No one else could make me feel for them what I feel for Hope. I would do anything to keep her from harm.

I will be making a vow today to make sure that I'm her protector. That I will be the one she can count on. That's why I brought her here at sunset. I got her in the perfect place and started to play some music. Then I grabbed her hand and walked to the water's edge. Looked into her eyes and got on one knee.

"Hope Lilian, will you marry me?"