Prolouge- 2 years ago

Mikayla up top!

Hi! My name is Mikayla Johnson and I'm a nerd. I'm 5'7" with light blonde hair that reaches my waist. My eyes do this weird thing where they turn a darker or lighter blue depending on my mood. I guess you could say I have an good body, but I don't like to show it off, so I hide it behind baggy clothes so no one can tell. I'm 16 years old too! Anyway....

"Mikayla, honey! Time to go to school!" My mom shouts.
"Coming!!" I reply. Uh oh. You know those days where you just know something bad is going to happen? Yeah, that's happening right now. I decide to ignore it and get ready for school. I grab a huge sweater and some baggy jeans, I throw my hair up in a pony tail and slip on my glasses and converses. I rush downstairs where my parent are waiting. My dad is a high profile lawyer and my mom is a neurosurgeon so you could say we're pretty well off. I don't like to tell people though, I don't need people asking for money or worshiping me like they do Tiffany Jones. More on her later.
I rush outside and into my car-- a Chevy Impala. I love the design and it's not too pricy as to where it would draw attention.

I pull up at the school at 8:10 am with 10 minutes to get to class. Plenty of time. I rush to my locker to see my beautiful best friend Ashley Powers. She's 5'8" and is super tan like me. She has dark hair and eyes and a beautiful body, too! I'm so lucky to have her as my best friend. After a hug and a "good luck!" we part ways, her heading to English and I go to AP Chemistry.

4 hours later it's lunch. I have mixed emotions toward lunch. On one hand, food!!!! But on the other, the lunch room is where I get bullied the most. I walk into  the lunch room and head straight for the lunch line, managing not to trip over many outstretched legs. When I get to the front of the line, I grab a chicken Caesar salad and a water bottle and head to me and Ashley's table. I take a seat and wait for Ashley. Suddenly, the entire cafeteria goes silent as I hear the click of heels walking up to me.

Remember me telling you about Tiffany Jones? Well this is her. She's gorgeous and she knows it. She's 5'5" and always wears 3+" heels to school every day. She's slightly tan, not as dark as me, but she has dyed platinum blonde hair. She has a killer body, which she shows off in short-shorts and crop tops.

Anyway, she walked right up to my table and glares at me, but then smirks like she knows something I didn't.
"OMG hi Mikayla! I love your sweater! Where did you get it? The dumpster?!"
Laughs can be heard all around me as I feel my eyes watering. She then walks over to another table, grabs a huge cup of soda from someone, walks over and dumps it on me. I screech and stand, while everyone bursts into laughter. I look around for Ashley and when I spot her, she's walking towards me with a small smile on her face. Did she think this is funny? My question is answered when I see her walk up to Tiffany and stand by her side.
"Oh honey, you have a little something.... well everywhere" Ashley says with a smirk. I'm dumbfounded, I thought we were friends. She's never been on Tiffany's side before. Why now?
"You're probably wondering why I switched sides huh? You see I've never really liked you, only stuck around so I can get your deepest secrets and tell them to Tiff. HEY EVERYBODY!" Ashley says, but she's had everyone's attention since she started talking. She has a sinister look in her eye. One I'm afraid of. I've told her everything about me. She knows about my parents, my money, my pregnancy...
"Little miss perfect here," she points to me, "isn't so perfect. Did you know that she had a boyfriend a few months ago? He didn't go to this school but he lives around here. She lost her virginity to him-- at 15! But that's not even the worst part, SHE GOT KNOCKED UP! And she was going to keep the baby too! Sadly, she had a miscarriage but hey, what does that say about her! SHES A SLUT!"
After Ashley is finished I'm in tears. My deepest secret has just been told to everyone. I rush out of the cafeteria ignoring everyone's glares and laughter and run to my locker. I grab my stuff and rush home. I can't do this anymore. I can't live here anymore.
I finally get home and rush in, to find my mom in the kitchen baking. She turns around when she hears me come in and a look of surprise and anger is on her face when she sees I'm home early and the tears on my face.
"Baby, what happened? Who made you cry? Do you wanna talk about it?" She asks. I tell her everything and I tell her I don't want to live here anymore. She tells me she'll talk to my dad but that my Aunt Sophie who lives in New York with my cousin Alec would probably love to have me. It'll give me a chance to get out of this California heat for a few years.
I skip dinner that night and go straight to bed. When I wake up in the morning, I walk downstairs. It's Tuesday, but I'm really not feeling school today. I walk downstairs and see both of my parents going over something and my mom typing furiously on her phone.
"Hey momma, daddy. What's going on?" I ask.
"Hey sweetheart, I heard what happened. I'm so sorry. We've decided to let you go live with your Aunt Sophie and cousin Alec in New York okay? You move on Friday, no school for you this week okay? Go, you need to start packing!" My dad says. I smile and attack them both in a hug and say thank you 20 times before releasing them and running up the stairs. Finally, I'm going to have a new beginning.