Prolouge

(Last chapter and epilogue of first book)

The bright light of the sunrays stung my eyes. Slowly I got up and touched my lips, realizing I had finally met the love of my life.

"Jasmine. I wanted to thank you for everything." I said expecting movement from somewhere. "Jasmine?"

Slowly I got off the bed and checked inside the bathroom to see if she was there. "Jasmine?"

I ran downstairs to see if she was there. This is our house after all. Where is she? I went into the kitchen and saw no sight of Jasmine.

Maybe she just left to the store, I'm just going to call her. The phone rang 4 beeps before the line disconnected.

"Sorry the-" The machine said but I hung up. Why would this be happening?

Wait. No. Maybe she just went to the store to buy a new phone! Because the one she had broke, so thats why its not connected.

"Jasmine?" I called one last time. Tears were falling from my eyes because I already know what happened. Coughs started to come out of my mouth. My heart felt like it was being squeezed and I couldn't breath.

"Why?" I said outloud. Silently, I climbed up the stairs into the bed Jasmine last laid with me. I knew her and I know that Jasmine wouldn't do this to me. Sne wouldn't! I was her baby.

I rolled over to Jasmine's side of the bed and sobbed. Why would someone be this evil? I was sure that she loved me. I know she loves me. I know she does. Because she did a bunch of things for me.

Someone wouldn't do all of that just to get laid. I know this isn't Jasmine's doing. It can't be right? She knows I have nobody but her. Jasmine was the only person I fully trusted. So this can't be happening it can't.

Yeah she isn't gone she just left for a while. And she's going to be back tomorrow. I know she is.

Slowly I got up and felt something crumple underneath me. It's a note from Jasmine maybe it's going to say she went to the store. False hope filled inside of me.

I took deep breaths before I opened this letter.

"Everyone isn't as they seem. You were troubled so I helped you. Now you're not and I got what I wanted. ~ Jasmine." I said another sob coming out.

She only wanted me for sex? She only wanted me for sex. Jasmine used me for sex. She knew I had problems but she just used that against me.

I covered my mouth and looked at my engagement ring. Anger, regret, and betrayal filled inside of me. Quickly I took off the ring and throw it to the door.

"Jasmine!" I screamed and held my pounding head from all the pain. How could she do this to me! I loved her! And I thought she loved me to!

I screamed and screamed until my throat started to hurt. The pain was filling up inside of me.

"This can't be happening!" I sobbed and wrapped myself in my blanket. My heart felt like a plastic bag being crumped. But I guess it is because people use that sound to make it seem like line is disconnecting.

"Jasmine." I said.

I love you Jasmine. So why did you leave?

My cold feet swept across the soft texture of the ground. The cold soild was sticking to ny bare feet. Cool air swept by me, causing me to shiver. A smile crawled onto my face as I thought of the memory of Jasmine and I. The secret garden.

"This is real life." I said to myself. People get played and you just have to accept that.

My hands went down and picked up a beautiful purple flower that reminded me of Jasmine. Beautiful but mysterious.

"Fragile people are the prey and the powerful people are the animals that eat the prey. In my mind its one big game. And you might get played as the game goes on." I said to the flower. "Then there's the wonderful thing called hope and love that drives this hole game. Whether its getting a job or a lover."

I sighed and looked down at the flower.

"Some people can be deceiving and manipulates other beings. Then theres nice people like flowers."

My small hands touched one of the petals. "So all I can do now is hope."

The small petal fell to the ground as I pulled it out. "She loves me."

Then again. "She loves me not."

And that's just how life works.