chapter eleven!

𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍, 𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

*    *    *

*    *    *

(  𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞  )

Allison was meant to be taking both Isabelle and Lydia home so Stiles could go with Scott to hunt the Kanima but the Stilinski boy took one look at Elle and couldn't leave her.

So as Allison was wrapping an arm around Lydia and Elle to take them to her car, Stiles wrapped a hand around the top of Elle's arm gently, to stop her from going anywhere. She stopped and looked at him, causing the other two to as well. "I'll-um I'll take her back."

Allison gave him a small smile and nodded, while Scott watched on fondly at his best friend. Stiles wrapped an arm around Elle's shoulder and guided her towards his jeep. She sighed tiredly, and opened up the door and clambered in, strapping herself in with the seatbelt.

They drove in silence with Elle looking out the window while Stiles looked over at her periodically, noticing the tear stains on her cheeks. His heart plummeted as she sniffled slightly. He pulled out a tissue from a compartment in his jeep and handed it to her, hands grazing each other. She whispered a small "thanks" and that was it.

When he pulled up onto her drive, he shut off he engine and turned to her. Feeling his gaze, she slowly faced him too. Stiles sighed, "Please don't tell anyone."

Elle narrowed her eyes at him, "I won't if you tell me what the hell just happened!"

Stiles sighed again and looked at her pleadingly. "I want to tell you- I really do, but I can't. It's not my place to say and it's too dangerous."

Elle scoffed at him, "Oh really."

Stiles frowned, "Yes really. But I can't have you getting hurt because of my decision." Elle rolled her eyes and left the car, entering her house and leaving a guilty and desperate Stilinski behind.

*    *    *

Lydia soon invited Isabelle over to hers so neither of them had to feel unsafe on their own. They were fine just hanging out in Lydia's bedroom until Prada started yapping to go outside. Lydia turned to Elle, "I'll be back in a minute."

Lydia picked Prada up when they reached the back door and held her close. "Okay. I love you." She kissed the top of her head several times before letting her down gently. "Go. Go." Prada ran off through the open gate while Elle stood there and shivered. "Let's go, Prada. You're all of six pounds. There can't be that much to come out of you." When Prada didn't coming running back, Lydia began to worry, "Prada, let's go! Prada? Prada. Prada?"