I

To FangirlBookworm21 - I am honoured that you even thought of ask why you cannot vote more than once, the fact that you even thought about it warms my heart. Also, I would like to use this dedication to thank you for ALL of your comments and votes during the last few days, I have woken up each and every day with 50 or so notifications, where around 15-30 of them have been you. I thank you for that and for letting me see my story through your eyes, because that is what your comments (and everyone else's for that matter) makes me able to do.

Tap

Tap-tap

Tap.... Tap.... Tap.....

The incessant tapping made Arya want to scream, but she could do nothing to stop it.

Hell, she hadn't even figured out how to open her eyes yet.

Tap

Tap

Tap-tap

She had the feeling of being cold, almost as if tiny ice shards were prickling at her. What worried her most about this, despite not being able to remember ever being particularly cold, was that the iciness was coming from inside of her, making her body – what she could still feel of it at least – shiver pathetically.

*                         *                         *

She had no way of knowing how much time had passed – it could have been hours, days, weeks even, since she had last opened her eyes. She had felt it when the black smoke surrounded her whilst they were battling the new orcs, or Uruk-Hai's as she had learned they were called as they dragged her across the plains of Rohan. It seemed like a long time ago, that was for certain.

As the smoke enveloped her she had barely been able to see Legolas, his eyes wide with terror and his bow already drawn and pointed in her direction. He did not see the Uruk's clasp black bracelets around her wrists and one around her neck.

The moment they were locked onto her, she could feel her own consciousness and that of her other self – or what she was supposed to call it – weakening. The smoke around her had disappeared enough that she could see Legolas again, realizing suddenly that she were on her hands and knees on the ground.

"Arya," he had said worry lacing into his words. She opened her mouth to reply, but what came out had her reeling back inside of her mind. The words laced with darkness that were hissed at her prince was not her own, and it was only then she fully realized she had no control whatsoever over her own body.

So... This is the very short beginning or introduction maybe to the third and final book of Arya.

I hope you will grace me with your presence on this last part of the journey.