Realization

“You know, we do have to build some kind of house or something?” His blue eyes peering into mine.

“Yeah, I know.” I looked towards the ground, not meeting his gaze.

“Well, then why have you been avoiding that? For a matter of fact, any work whatsoever?” He questioned. I looked up to see his face gazing at mine intently. We had been here for 2 days, and I had pushed away any ideas of his to begin working.

“I don’t want this to be real. If we start working, it will be real. We’ll be stuck on this island. And it scares me, the thought of being stuck here.”

“Hey, don’t get all upset. We’re going to get out of here. But for the time being, we have to protect ourselves. We have to leave this beach eventually.” He looked into my eyes once again.

“I know.” Tears began to fall from my eyes slowly. He grabbed my hand in his.

“We’ll get through this. I’ll get you off this island, I promise.” He whispered to me. I looked up at him, and I believed him for some odd reason. I wiped the tears from my cheeks and stood up.

“Alright, what do we have to do?” I asked him.

“We need shelter. That’s our main priority right now. It’s bound to rain soon.”

“Well what can we make it out of?” I looked around the beach; there was nothing but sand and rocks.

“We have to leave the beach for now. We need to go into the forest.” I looked out into the trees behind us. It was dark and uncertain. It was fearful. And far from where I wanted to be. He quickly grabbed my hand and began walking us into the woods. And it started to set in that I was stuck here, on this island, with a boy I didn’t even know.

Just a small little update for you all. Hope you enjoy it. x