Project Fat Suit(One-shot)

I decided to do a one shot because I could. :P  I love this book so far, and I wanted to write a one-shot on a different way that Sam could of found out about his parents.

Anyways, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( 2 years later)

Sam's P.O.V.

I smiled as I watched my brother's car pull up in the driveway. My aunt Sue told me he would be visiting soon, and he couldn't have come at a better time. I had just got the coolest Pokemon shirt ever, and I happened to be wearing it. Not able to wait any longer, I bursted through the front door, only to be greeted by a hug from the best older brother, ever.

"Hey, little man. Nice shirt." Trent smiled as he ruffled my hair. I loved it when he did that.

"Thanks.." I grinned back. "How's college?"

"It's just basic stuff,  no biggie."

"It is to me. You're never around anymore." I frowned, crossing my arms.

Trent smirked. "Well I'm here now, aren't I?"

I smiled at him and nodded my head. I ran as fast as I could into the house, my brother not far behind. I couldn't believe he was actually here. We were going to have so much fun.

"Hey Trent, it's nice to see you. I have to run to the office quick, but I'll be back in a half hour or so." I heard my auntie say to my brother as she kissed him forehead and rushed out the door. She was always in a hurry.

"Do you want some ice-cream?" I asked excitedly. Trent nodded his head and we entered the kitchen. I pulled out mint chocolate chip from the freezer drawer, and then a jar of peanut butter from the shelf.

"Mom used to put melted peanut butter on her mint icecream, too." Trent smiled at me fondly, pulling out a bowl.

"I know, that's what Auntie told me. So I always keep it in stock for when they come back from the moon."

For a fraction of a second, Trent's face seemed to be guilty. It confused me, but I let it slide.

"Listen, Sammy. We need to talk." He said in a tone I had never really heard him use before. It was firm, yet strained.

"About what?"

"About Mom and Dad." He choked a bit on the word, 'Dad'.

"Is something wrong with them?"  I asked curiously, scooping icecream into two bowls.

"I really don't know how to say this buddy. But I think you're old enough to know."

"To know what?" he was making me nervous now. He was never serious.

"Mom and Dad are dead." He said quietly, staring at the ground.

I froze in mid-scoop, staring at him. "What do you mean?"

"Sam, this isn't easy for me, either. They died a few years ago." Trent was trembling now.

"Is this some sick joke?" I spat, dropping the scooper.

"No, Sam, it isn't."

"They were never on the moon?" I choked, tears welling in my eyes as Trent shook his head no.

"Trent, really, if this is a joke, I want to know. It isn't funny anymore. I can forgive you now, so just tell me if it is." I told him. Anger welled up inside me as he put a hand on my shoulder. His eyes said everything. I pushed his hand off and slammed my fists down on the counter.

"When were going to tell me?" I screamed at him. "We're you just going to let me live this lie until I figured it out for myself?" I swept my arm across the counter, knocking everything onto the ground. I swiftly turned around and started punching him in the stomach. He grabbed my wrists and looked my dead in the eye.

"I'm sorry, Sam." His eyes were welling with tears.

"I hate you." I whispered with as much venom as I could muster. "I hate you so much."

"Sam, I-"

"Just shut up, and leave me alone." I screamed at the top of my lungs, freeing myself from his grasp. I sunk down against the counter, sitting on the floor. Glass pierced my feet and my hands, my blood now staining the floor, but I didn't care. I brought my hands up and buried my face in them. I felt Trent scoop me up. I wanted to scream and wiggle out from his grasp, but it was no use. I didn't have the energy. Neither emotional nor physical.

He didn't say anything, but rather laid me down on the couch, and got the first aid kit. Silently, he picked out the little pieces of glass before bandaging my foot. I hid my hands against me. I didn't want him anywhere near them.

"Sam give me your hands."

" No. I hate you." I grumbled, looking at him as he stood over me.

"Sam." He said softly, pulling on one. I cringed as he picked out the few pieces before going to the other. I ignored him as he sat next to me.

"Get away from me, you liar. I hate you and I never want to see you ever again." I snapped as he scooted closer. Tears were still pouring out uncontrollably.

Trent frowned as he began rubbing my back. I curled myself into the fetal position before letting out a few more sobs. They were starting to become dry heaves.

"Sam. I lied because I love you." Trent said quietly.

And at that moment, I felt like the dumbest nine year old in history. Not only because I fell for his lie, but also because I fell for my own. I knew deep down inside that they couldn't of lived on the moon. But I believed it, and now I realize it was possibly the second dumbest thing I have done in my life, the first being that I told my only brother that I hated him. I sat up and leaned against him, before letting out another sob.

I didn't know much, but I did know one thing, he and I had to stick together.

"Can I see them?" I whispered after a few moments had passed.

"Sometime, little man. But not today." And with that, I choked out another sob before taking in a deep breath. At this moment, I needed my big brother more than ever. I was just thankful he was here beside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do-be-do-be-doop. What did you think? Comment below! :D