Chapter One

She wasn't listening anymore. Watching the hands of the clock tick by, ignoring the idiot screaming in her face. It's been an hour and thirty-five minutes, that's she's had to listen to him. She wished Robert would have spoke to her instead. He would understand what it was to grieve someone, so strongly. After all, it had only been a year since the Lightwoods had lost Max. But, she had no such luck. Robert was busy, and she was stuck with him. He was the newest Clave member, his name is Anderson Parisdate. Clary, from day one, knew he was no good. She tried to warn Robert but he would never listen, time after time. It was almost as if Clary was the only one would could see his downfalls. Clary wished her mother was around, she would see his mediocrity. But, she was gone. A few days after she had lost Jace, her mother disappeared.  She and Luke had woken up, to a missing Jocelyn. Clary had offered to look for her, as a way of taking her mind off Jace, but Luke refused and left the same day to look for her mother.

"CLARISSA!"

Ahh, yet another reason Clary couldn't stand him. He refused to call her anything but Clarissa or Miss Morgenstern. At first it didn't bother her, until she realized he said it in a very condescending way. When Clary tried to correct him, he would stare daggers at her. Every chance he had to aggravate her he would take it with a smile. 

"Hey, you pea brained brat, for once in your life, listen to what you're told!", at this point, he was inches away from her face, and a lob of spit had just fallen onto her cheek, "Just because your pompous, little boyfriend is dead doesn't mean you get to avoid your responsibilities, so get your head out of your ass!"

And this was her breaking point. Not a second had gone by, before Clary had him pinned to the wall with her blade at his throat. She was done, and it was his judgement day.

"Say one more world and I'll end you," she spit in his face pushing the blade a centimeter closer to piercing his skin, "Don't think for a second, you in your stupidity can speak to me in anything close to an authoritative tone. Jace, died to protect everyone, and unfortunately you were one of them."

"You wouldn't dare, hurt me. You are nothing but a coward.", he spat back, with fear in his beady eyes.

"Funny, how quickly a coward could pull the trigger. Or drag a knife across someone's throat." Clary whispered, nicking his skin, drawing first blood.

"Go ahead, kill me. No one can save you from judgement , your flight risk mother has disappeared again, and that dog husband of hers, is out chasing her tail. Plus, no one trusts that monstrosity, ex leech you call a Shadowhunter, or the gay disgrace of a Lightwood. ", Clary watched as a Cheshire grin grew on his grotesque face, "It seems you truly are your Valentine's daughter; the murder in his heart runs rampant through your veins."  

These words ran marathons in her head, round and round again as she pushed the blade slow through his throat. His eyes rolled back, as he choked out his last breaths. She just watched as the blood ran hot down her arm, the words never  stopping to let her breathe as they ran through her head. Parisdate's body fell to the ground with a small thump. Clary cleaned off her blade on his jacket before walking out of the building. She walked towards the border of Idris never turning back. Eventually she started to run, and she ran like the words in her head. Without break, without rest. Over and over, until they were a blur of letters. They caused her brain to go into overdrive, arranging and rearranging the letters to somehow make them a lie. The letters painted, the truest picture.

She created a portal and finally escaped. Clary ended up in some unknown place, not having a clue where that was. When stepping through the portal, all she thought of and could think of was a safe spot in the dark. The floor was cold, and the air was stiff. Her soft, barely there breaths were all she heard. Clary took asylum in the silence of her surroundings. Avoiding the confines of her head, trying her best to hide from her demons that ached to break out from the cage that was her sanity. Until they broke free and they found her. And when they did they ran all around her. In those demons, Clary saw her never present mother. Luke, chasing close behind her, like the love sick puppy she hated to see him be . The Greater Demon, Abaddon, raking his claws through Jace's chest. Izzy and Alec's apologetic eyes as they hunt her down, dragging her back to Idris. The last place in the world she wanted to be. Robert finding her guilty of murder. Simon saying goodbye, for the last time. And finally she sees, Valentine. Arms open, smile wide, eyes full of pride. She had become what he had always wanted. Him. 

Clary was surprised. Months ago, Clary would have been disgusted at the thought. Shying away from any mention of the man who had given her half her DNA. But now, she realized she had been presented with no other choice. Why wouldn't she be like him? Why was it such a taboo thing, to share her father's traits? Good or Bad. 

Clary got up off the floor, radiating determination. She couldn't know what the future held, but she did know she wouldn't deny herself to anyone. Clary brushed off her fears and weaknesses. She knew who she was, and what she wanted. Clary squared her shoulders and walked in no particular direction, not caring what could be hiding in the dark.

"Hello, Clary. Did you miss me?"