Chapter Thirteen- Drowning

Naomi anxiously awaited her class with her favorite teacher; Logan. But as the time came around, a woman was at his desk instead. Written on the board behind her was a much dreaded word from one half of the taboo couple; substitute. The day appeared to drag on as she grew nervous. She had moved back home a few weeks prior due to the suspicion that was growing on them. But she grew nervous as she had not seen him since the photography showcase-the night she nearly attacked him-and the night that may have changed everything.

After school, she had a taxi bring her to the apartment to find no answer. Growing suspicious, she used the fire escape to climb into his apartment as she pushed open the window with all of her mite. When she entered, she found she had been in the storage room and fell hard on her knees upon entering. A room she had only seen in passing, she thought nothing of it before making it towards the hall to hear the sound of glass being set down.

Making it around the corner, she sat herself at the wall as he looked up to her through glossy eyes. His hair messy, his clothes disheveled, and the ones he wore the night of the show. Bags rested under his eyes as two bottles of vodka sat before him,

One had been empty.

She moved towards him as she saw the tears on his cheeks-still damp although he had not been crying. His tie was half on and off and she moved to remove it before he grabbed her arm. Gasping at the quick movements, she froze as their eyes met.

"Why don't we get you in the shower and then get some coffee...it will help with the hangover you'll feel..."

"I feel like that's all I am. Expect the pain...it isn't my head." He pointed to his heart before she placed her hand on his cheek.

"Why? What happened?"

"I can't be with you."

"You're crazy-"

"Yeah. For thinking this could work to begin with."

"We'll talk about this when you are changed...you smell like you have been sleeping in a dumpster..." She said as she winced before moving him towards the bathroom. Closing the door, she moved to where he was sitting and disposed of the alcohol, pouring it down the drain before seeing his phone buzz on the table. An email from the principal;

"Logan Castelle, are you absolutely certain  you wish to leave the school? Is there any problem specifically? We can discuss any time of the office hours if you wish..."

She froze. "What happened?' She asked aloud before hearing the water of the shower begin. Placing his phone on the table, she moved to the kitchen before making fresh coffee and a greasy melt. When he emerged from the shower, he wore only his boxers and a towel that poorly hid his garment as he hung it low on his hips. The black band that hugged him showed he was not bare. A thought she blushed at as she presented the food on the counter and he moved to her with caring eyes.

"Thank you."

He groaned a she ate it, licking his bottom lip to not miss a crumb. When the food had dissipated into nothing, he sat in the chair before she sat next to him.

"Okay. Now tell me what happened...."

He looked to the ground before moving from the chair and standing up, pacing as he tried to find the correct words to use.

"You know I care about you...but-"

"Was I too reckless?"

"I think so..."

"Is that why you're leaving the school?"

"How-"

"Your phone went off...an email confirmation....Don't do it because of me-"

"I'm not."

"Then what would make you leave." She froze. "Somebody knows."

He nodded.

"Who? Who would know that-"

"Kirsten..."

He nodded again. She threw her head back and rolled her eyes as he tried to calm her.

"No!" She snapped. "This is not okay! She has taken everything from me! Not this! Not you! Not the only good thing in my life!" She went to leave but he pulled her back.

"Would you just sit with me? I still feel the alcohol in my blood and if I go anywhere I'm afraid of what I'd do."

"Of course." She sat next to him on the couch before as he read the message himself before typing into the keypad and placing his elbows on his knees and grasping his fingers behind his neck.

"I'm always here for you Logan..."

With such a genuine glance, he placed his hand on her cheek and placed his fingers in her hair. He leaned in to kiss her but then unexpectedly pulled her on his lap where she felt he wanted her.

"I thought you wanted-"

He kissed her, not allowing her to speak. His fingers moved to her jacket and then shirt, leaving her torso bare as he picked her up and led her towards the bedroom but set her up against the wall, torturing her with long kisses and teasing prodding. Her eyes closed slowly as he moved his kisses lower and lower before picking her up once more, setting her on the bed. Kissing her neck and entangling his fingers in her hair and between her own fingers, the moment was everything she thought of. Each touch delivered, each kiss given was as if he had done so a million times before. He knew just the right way to make her crumble beneath him. His fingers reached to the side of his bed and opened a drawer before taking on a wrapper. Opening it with his teeth, he wasted no time as she suddenly felt fulfilled. When the movements began, it was like a journey of pleasure. Her head was thrown back, her back was arched, her neck was being held as he delivered his lustful moves. Gripping the bed as they moved, the sheets slid from their bodies and they were bare but damp from the sweat perspired from how much they craved one another. Even while intoxicated. He kissed her body from her neck to her stomach as the moment came to a close. Her lustful cry sealed the moment as he fell on his back and she fell on hers. As she rose to speak, she found he had fallen asleep. A peaceful just-had-sex look on his face mixed with sweat and satisfaction as she crawled next to him and fell asleep on his chest.