thirteen

As soon as I saw the cop put handcuffs on Jc's wrists, I started bawling. I covered my face with my hands and collapsed on his porch. I looked up and Jc ran over to me, kneeled down and kissed me on the cheek.

"I'll be fine." He reassured me. I want to grab him by his shirt and keep him here.

I felt sick to my stomach, I wanted to scream in Riley's face, I wanted to hurt him like he hurt me. I took Jc's car keys off his dining room table and went back over to Arabella's. I furiously marched right over to Riley. He was holding an ice pack to his nose.

"Jules! Are you okay?" He puts down the icepack on the front steps.

"Fuck you, Riley. Seriously fuck you." I screamed and slapped him in the face, hard. His cheek swelled and became red.

"What the hell did I do? Your boyfriend beat me up." He stood up in front of me.

"He isn't my boyfriend! You told the cops he was with me you douche." I wanted to slap him this time even harder but I couldn't.

"I didn't?" He narrows his eyebrows.

"Wait what?" I jerked my head back.

"Ian called the cops because I got beat up, Arabella is the one who told them about both of you doing stuff and she also told them his address." He rubs his cheek.

"No! No she didn't!" I cried.

"Yes she did, Jules. Maybe I've been a dick but I wouldn't purposely try to hurt you." He shakes his head.

"Why would she do that to me?" I grabbed onto my chest. I felt my heart beating out of pain.

"Sapphire and I begged her not to, I'm so sorry." He sighs.

"He's in jail now, Riley!" I begin to cry harder and harder.

"He's what?" He gasped.

"Yup." I nod, still crying.

"I'll bail him out for you." Riley smiles.

"Why would you? He broke your nose." I pointed to his bloody, red and purple nose.

"True, but I'm not doing it for him. I'm doing this for you." He picks up the ice pack and places it on his nose.

"I don't know what to say. Thank you." I stop crying. I wanted to be in Jc's arms right now more than anything.

"Tomorrow morning, I'll pick you up and we can bail him out." He grins.

"Thank you so much." I hug him tightly.

"You're welcome." He pats my back softly.

-

It was the next morning, and I woke up happy knowing I could see Jc without handcuffs. My parents were upset with me; they didn't bother to talk to me. I took a shower and French braided my hair to the right side. I put my nose ring back in and also put in gold earrings. I didn't know what to wear so I just slipped on a pink crop top and high waisted shorts. I violently brushed my teeth until I heard a knock on the door, it was Paige.

"Hey." I said while rinsing my mouth out.

"Riley is here." She says and walks back downstairs. I grab my phone and head downstairs.

"Ready?" He says while opening the door for me.

"Yeah." I nod.

Being alone with Riley after this will be awkward, I can feel it. His car was beautiful, shiny red, like it never was used. On our way there, he had the windows down and I felt uncomfortable but I didn't say anything.

We pulled up to the jail and rushed inside. Riley talked to the front desk lady while I sat in this waiting room area. Arabella wouldn't stop calling me, I ignored every single one. Riley turned around and gave me thumbs up, I didn't know what it meant but it had to be good.

"They're getting him right now." He grins and sits next to me. His nose had dried patches of blood around his nostrils; he had a black eye that looked pretty bad.

"I'm sorry this happened, Riley. You didn't deserve this." I frown.

"No I did, what I was saying was wrong." He shakes his head.

I didn't know what to say, I just sighed. Jc's body appeared in the corner of my eye. I jumped out of my chair and ran to him.

"Get over here." He says while swinging my body in a circle.

"I missed you." I smile. He still smells good.

"I wasn't gone too long, not even twenty four hours, silly." He puts me down and pushes his forehead against mine.

"I know, but thinking about you in here drove me insane." I whisper.

"What's he doing here?" He looks over to Riley.

"He bailed you out." I awkwardly smiled.

"What?" He looks confused.

"I know, he did it for me." I sighed.

"Oh." He nods.

"Thank you." I caught him mouth to Riley.

"I'll see you around campus, Jules." He smiles at me and begins to walk away.

"One second." I whisper to Jc. I run over to Riley.

"What you did for me was amazing, thank you." I grin.

"No problem." He tenses up because he knows Jc is watching.

"Don't worry about him, I just want to say we can hangout not just see each other around campus." I give him a half laugh.

"Sounds good to me." He nods and heads out the door.

Me and Jc begin walking into the parking lot then I completely forgot Riley was my ride here, but he already left. Jc knew what I meant so we decided to walk.

"Did your parents find out?" He slowly asks.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"What did they say?" He pouts.

"They aren't exactly speaking to me right now." I lock my fingers with him and we keep walking.

"This is my entire fault." He squeezes my hand tighter.

"No it's not, I can't help how I feel." I smile and blush.

"How do you feel?" He smirks.

"I don't need to explain myself to you!" I giggle.

"Well want to know how I feel?" He licks his lips.

"Yes." I nod.

"I think you're the most amazing, beautiful, and insane girl I've ever met." He stops his tracks and pulls me back with him.

I blush harder than ever and kiss his nose. "You make me so happy."

"Can I ask you something?" I ask slowly.

"Of course." He rubs my knuckles with his thumb while we wait to cross the street.

"Why did you help me during my depression when no one else did?" I sighed.

He took a deep breath before he spoke. "Because I want to refill you, like a pill bottle, I'll be your anti-depressants. I won't run out, I'll keep refilling you."