Behind the Scenes (A Zak Bagans story)

Prologue

On July 4th, 1997, Skyler Rain Bagans was born in Las Vegas, Nevada eight months after her parents, Zak Bagans and Katie Hernandez,  had a one night stand at a party.  Skyler was born early but healthy.  For the first five months of her life, her parents tried to form a relationship where they could raise her together.  However, two days before Christmas her parents broke off any time of relationship they had. Katie let Zak have Skye during Christmas, promising to pick her up for the New Year.  Unfortunately, Katie never came to pick up her daughter.  In March of 1998, Zak's mother, Nancy, found out that Katie had left in the middle of the night.  Not even her parents, brothers, and sisters knew where she was.

In the summer of 1998 Zak decided to start making a life for him and his daughter.  He needed a job that could pay bills, keep a roof over their heads, and put food on the table.  So he followed his mother's direction and went to college in Detroit. 

For four years Zak raised his daughter on his own. It was also during these four years he had his first paranormal experience. For about a week, Zak kept hearing someone yell his name.  One night he woke up and saw the figure that had been yelling his name.  Unsure and afraid of what he saw, he grabbed his sleeping daughter and ran out into the parking lot.  

Zak graduated in 2002 and moved back to Vegas where his family could help raise his daughter. 

Two years later Zak and a couple friends went out and began hunting ghosts, which eventually led to a TV show called "Ghost Adventures." 

This story tells the tale of Zak Bagans and his daughter.  It brings readers behind the scenes of their lives.