Ch. 13

6 months later --

*Shawn's POV*

West Orange, New Jersey.

"Shawn are you sure about this?" Beyoncé said and eyed me through the mirror. She stood before me in two piece romper type thing and I just nodded my head after explaining it a good 8 times.

"She doesn't bite," I said.

Beyoncé giggled a bit, "I know, but I'm still nervous baby. What if she doesn't like me?"

She frowned a little. After spending more than half of a year with Bey I learned that she is a real people pleaser underneath the façade she decides to show everyone.

"Beyoncé she'll love you. Wanna know why?" I said getting off of the bed and hugging her from behind, kissing her neck and inhaling her sweet scent.

"Why?"

"Because you bring out the best in me."

She turned around and pecked my lips twice then gliding her thumb across my lips to remove the excess lipstick.

"You bring out the best in me too."

*****

We walked up to the door of my mother's house for the annual family cookout. Bey looked a bit nervous so I grabbed her hand to make her a little more comfortable, she smiled a little and I rang the doorbell.

After a few seconds I was greeted by my mother.

"My baby," she said and hugged me and attacked my face with kisses.

"Ma, I am 35 years old."

"You'll always be my little pumpkin pie," she said and grabbed my cheeks. I heard Bey chuckle which quickly caught my mother's attention.

"And who is this little beauty?" my mother said referring to Bey.

"Oh, this is Beyoncé my girlfriend."

Bey flashed her a smile and my mother hugged her and Bey returned the love. I can definitely get used to this, my two favorite girls in the world.

"Welcome to the family, Beyoncé, you can call me Ms.Gloria or Ma, whichever one sticks."

*Bey's POV*

I blushed, she is so sweet.

"Thank you, Ma."

She smiled and we all went to sit down in the kitchen.

"Shawn your brother is upstairs with an attitude, go talk to him," Ms. Gloria said clearly trying to get rid of him.

He sighed, "as usual."

Then he walked out leaving Ms. Gloria and I alone.

"So Beyoncé, how old are you?"

"I'll be 24 in a few days," I spoke.

"Wow, you're so young."

"I know, but I don't care about the age differences, Shawn makes me happy."

Ms. Gloria grinned.

"I'm so glad he divorced that other girl, Sheilah I think it was, she hardly ever came around here and when she did she wanted me to babysit her son. Using my son for money, such a shame" she spat, mumbling the last part.

I giggled a little at the thought of how pathetic Sheilah was, I've only met her once and she charged at me the first time viewing my face. Of course I stood there unbothered while Shawn held her back, was she gonna touch me? Of course not.