Chater 3: where it all begins

I stood still... it was as if the world around me disappeared. I watched Chloe as she struggled to find her clothes trying desperately to avoid eye contact. I wasn't sure who was more shocked to see the other, Chloe or me. I heard Gideon talking, I turned my gaze to him.

"Rolana baby, please Rola it was a mistake, a spur of the moment thing, you need to understand, she does not mean anything to me", he said with tears in his dark blue eyes.

Eyes that once looked so beautiful to me, eyes that used to melt me from the inside out. Thank god I did not have anything sharp in my posession, because those beautiful eyes wouldn't be so beautiful anymore.

"Rola you're the only girl I ever truly loved... I cannot live without you please! Rola say something!"

He came closer and put his arms around me. He held me tightly on his chest; as if there was a hurricane and I was going to be blown away any second. I could hear his heart beating faster and his tears dripping down. I was so stunned I almost felt paralized, I had so much to say but could not utter a single word. I started feeling nausious and my head started spinning. All of a sudden I threw up all over Gideons shirtless body and boxer briefs. I looked at his now suprised face one last time, picked up my bag and headed toward the door.
"Rola please" I could here Gideon footsteps as he followed me to the elevator.

As I entered, he tried to follow me in. I pushed him out and said to him, in a soft, slow voice that scared even me: "Gideon please, do not follow me, the elevator has no ventilation and you smell like puke".

10 minutes later I found myself walking down Manhattan pretty sure I rounded the same street twice. I pinched myself a couple of times to wake up from this crazy nightmare. The worst part is I still do not know how I feel... My bag fell on the middle of the traffic, as I bent down to pick it up I saw lights coming towards me followed by a loud horn then "bamm" everything was pitch black.